Unpopular opinions.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not sure of your point.  I have lots of latent talent.

Do you have any secret talents you’ve not told P&B about? Just curious. Maybe you can juggle or speak Portuguese? Maybe other posters have secret talents? I know I don’t.

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 hours ago, SANTAN said:
Only YouTube neeks like myself will get this but Logan Paul is actually alright nowadays. Good guy. 

Is he the cretin who filmed the guy hanging in the Japanese forrest? Or was that the other one?

Yes. Everyone is capable of growth and change for the better. The Sidemen have rehabilitated him. 

1 minute ago, SANTAN said:

Yes. Everyone is capable of growth and change for the better. The Sidemen have rehabilitated him. 

The fact you are a fan of Logan Paul and have a -1785 reputation on here is no coincidence.

Just now, throbber said:

The fact you are a fan of Logan Paul and have a -1785 reputation on here is no coincidence.

Am I f**k a fan of him 😂

He's improved. Still a goober though. 

1 minute ago, SANTAN said:

Am I f**k a fan of him 😂

He's improved. Still a goober though. 

I don’t know why he’s still about after what he did in Japan tbh - I suppose so long as he brings in money then people are incredibly happy to forgive and forget.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t know why he’s still about after what he did in Japan tbh - I suppose so long as he brings in money then people are incredibly happy to forgive and forget.

Yeah the sensible option would have been for him to go to jail for eternity or to just kill himself.

What's everyone's problem with rehabilitation? Professional footballers get away with far worse, one of the posters condemning the big LoDog in this thread sticks up for big Noncer Griffiths which seems a very peculiar set of morals. 

There's a lot of insecurity and wee man syndrome about all of this, if your best mate had done what Logan Paul had done would you have it within yourself to forgive them if you understood what drove them to do so? If your answer is no then you've either got empathy issues or you're lying. 

10 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

if your best mate had done what Logan Paul had done would you have it within yourself to forgive them if you understood what drove them to do so

Greed for money and fame?

10 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Yeah the sensible option would have been for him to go to jail for eternity or to just kill himself.

What's everyone's problem with rehabilitation? Professional footballers get away with far worse, one of the posters condemning the big LoDog in this thread sticks up for big Noncer Griffiths which seems a very peculiar set of morals. 

There's a lot of insecurity and wee man syndrome about all of this, if your best mate had done what Logan Paul had done would you have it within yourself to forgive them if you understood what drove them to do so? If your answer is no then you've either got empathy issues or you're lying. 

Why does he deserve a second chance? He went to a forest famous for suicides and laughed in front of a man who was hanging from a tree. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Greed for money and fame?

Yeah, young successful famous person goes too far in search for more clout. What a surprise! 

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

Why does he deserve a second chance? He went to a forest famous for suicides and laughed in front of a man who was hanging from a tree. 

Well you've already purposefully misrepresented the situation to suit your argument so that's a start! 

Should everyone that visits "suicide forest" be cancelled for all of eternity? He evidently was a daft boy who made a stupid mistake in front of all of his mates. If all the jokes you and your mates had told or laughed at were suddenly open to the public I'm sure you wouldn't survive this ridiculous performative outrage either, nobody would. Some of you guys haven't watched the Wire and it tells, moving like life is a Marvel movie. 

Edited by SANTAN

6 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

Yeah, young successful famous person goes too far in search for more clout. What a surprise! 

Well you've already purposefully misrepresented the situation to suit your argument so that's a start! 

Should everyone that visits "suicide forest" be cancelled for all of eternity? He evidently was a daft boy who made a stupid mistake in front of all of his mates. If all the jokes you and your mates had told or laughed at were suddenly open to the public I'm sure you wouldn't survive this ridiculous performative outrage either, nobody would. Some of you guys haven't watched the Wire and it tells, moving like life is a Marvel movie. 

He went to suicide forest when there was a fairly high chance of finding someone dead based on how common suicides were there. He then laughed when in close proximity of the corpse and made jokes in the car park outside the forest to a child saying “don’t go in there!!” He did all these things for likes on social media. I’m not sure why you think he deserves any sort of platform after doing that and why you think it’s comparable to jokes we may have made in front of our mates either.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

He went to suicide forest when there was a fairly high chance of finding someone dead based on how common suicides were there. He then laughed when in close proximity of the corpse and made jokes in the car park outside the forest to a child saying “don’t go in there!!” He did all these things for likes on social media. I’m not sure why you think he deserves any sort of platform after doing that and why you think it’s comparable to jokes we may have made in front of our mates either.

So I've raised the issue about visiting suicide forest in the first place but you ignored that question...

He nervously laughed with his mates in an extremely awkward situation then told a kid "don't go in there" (to suicide fucking forest btw) - I don't think that's enough reason to condemn someone for life. He was obviously a young attention seeking fool who had a camera with him, he was also getting staggeringly rich all through blogging "interesting" situations so was probably desensitized to it whilst desperately chasing the next big idea. If you look at the situation objectively you can see why he did so and you can also see why there's the possibility he could improve as a person, as he seems to have done so. 

The lack of willingness to allow the guy to grow and change is quite telling though and as I've already addressed comes about from some weird toxic masculinity/insecurity position. Maybe just simply jealousy, kinda predictable seeing some of the regular small men syndrome posters share their sentiments right enough. 

I don't think visiting that forest is a big deal. Had he visited and just explained what he saw, it would have been weird yes but I doubt he would have got into any bother. To post the video of the guy was the stupid part and what he was rightly hounded for as I'm sure in his warped mind he was more focussed on 'likes' than being (ironically) empathetic towards the person's situation.

Tbh I always thought he came across as a bit of a cretin before that (my nephew watched his shite) so wasn't surprised he went that far. As for second chances, I suppose everyone deserves one. But given he's went into martial arts I expect his personality isn't much different to how it was back then tbh.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think visiting that forest is a big deal. Had he visited and just explained what he saw, it would have been weird yes but I doubt he would have got into any bother. To post the video of the guy was the stupid part and what he was rightly hounded for as I'm sure in his warped mind he was more focussed on 'likes' than being (ironically) empathetic towards the person's situation.

Tbh I always thought he came across as a bit of a cretin before that (my nephew watched his shite) so wasn't surprised he went that far. As for second chances, I suppose everyone deserves one. But given he's went into martial arts I expect his personality isn't much different to how it was back then tbh.

I was agreeing with everything you said til this part. That alone could be an unpopular opinion, unless I'm getting your take wrong, what's wrong with martial arts? 

As stated I think he's a cringey weirdo but think he has grown up quite a bit since then and genuinely understands and regrets what he did. 

ETA - I don't follow or subscribe to him and have never found those YouTubers interesting. 

Edited by SANTAN

7 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

So I've raised the issue about visiting suicide forest in the first place but you ignored that question...

He nervously laughed with his mates in an extremely awkward situation then told a kid "don't go in there" (to suicide fucking forest btw) - I don't think that's enough reason to condemn someone for life. He was obviously a young attention seeking fool who had a camera with him, he was also getting staggeringly rich all through blogging "interesting" situations so was probably desensitized to it whilst desperately chasing the next big idea. If you look at the situation objectively you can see why he did so and you can also see why there's the possibility he could improve as a person, as he seems to have done so. 

The lack of willingness to allow the guy to grow and change is quite telling though and as I've already addressed comes about from some weird toxic masculinity/insecurity position. Maybe just simply jealousy, kinda predictable seeing some of the regular small men syndrome posters share their sentiments right enough. 

A820DED9-A6F0-4F16-9E26-488C14E08A8B.gif