Unpopular opinions.

Here's an article talking about the recent rise in ear cropping (which is illegal, btw) believed to be, in part at least, driven by dickheads like Tavernier and other celebrities posting pictures of their mutilated dogs on social media. 

Barbaric mutilation - the rise in ear cropped dogs

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

What an absolutely despicable horrible c**t. 

Tavernier that is, not you Shotgun. 

Appreciate the clarification. 😀

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Not sure me posting a picture of a dog abuser warrants a red dot but there we go.

The way some of you long term posters feels so assaulted when you get a red dot is quite sad tbh, you don't need to publically announce it as if you're a victim. I disliked the post because it's emotive nonsense aimed at someone I like. @TAFKAM posted a sneaky white lie and you've doubled down on it in a performative manner imo. In future I can perhaps submit full break downs of my future likes and dislikes via DM? 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Dog fighting. And vanity. What an absolutely despicable horrible c**t. 

Tavernier that is, not you Shotgun. 

Tavernier sells them on, there's certainly an argument to be made about the ethics of being involved in the trade and I'm sure you could make a compelling argument that selling on dogs that have already had their ears clipped supports this market and therefore is cunty behaviour but it's still a couple of large steps away from actually clipping the dogs ears and "dog fighting" which you'd have to be pretty naive to think Tavernier actually partakes in. 

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

The way some of you long term posters feels so assaulted when you get a red dot is quite sad tbh, you don't need to publically announce it as if you're a victim. I disliked the post because it's emotive nonsense aimed at someone I like. @TAFKAM posted a sneaky white lie and you've doubled down on it in a performative manner imo. In future I can perhaps submit full break downs of my future likes and dislikes via DM? 

Tavernier sells them on, there's certainly an argument to be made about the ethics of being involved in the trade and I'm sure you could make a compelling argument that selling on dogs that have already had their ears clipped supports this market and therefore is cunty behaviour but it's still a couple of large steps away from actually clipping the dogs ears and "dog fighting" which you'd have to be pretty naive to think Tavernier actually partakes in. 

Of course he doesn't partake. It's dog v dog, numbnuts. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Of course he doesn't partake. It's dog v dog, numbnuts. 

I'll take this one to the forum courts of pedantry. "Partake" was perfectly acceptable unless you were making a funny in which case I apologise for killing that one. 

New low for Stormzy here, would've thought falling head over heel to defend a guy battering his girlfriend the limit but we can now extend that to disfiguring dogs is sound if you're a Rangers player.
Not sure its lower than his recent belittling of someones mental health problems because they play for Celtic but it must be close.

12 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Well, he's allegedly selling dogs with mutilated ears as a business. So even if he isn't personally taking the loppers to them; he's still promoting the barbarity. Ergo, he's a c**t.

There you go. Well articulated. 

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:

New low for Stormzy here, would've thought falling head over heel to defend a guy battering his girlfriend the limit but we can now extend that to disfiguring dogs is sound if you're a Rangers player.

Oooft. That's an impressively snakey post. 

For clarity, not that I should need to say this but I've never defended anyone battering their girlfriend. Nor have I defended disfiguring dogs.. it seems purposeful poor comprehension has struck again. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Not sure its lower than his recent belittling of someones mental health problems because they play for Celtic but it must be close.

Ahahah disbelieving Leigh Griffiths stories about mental health isn't exactly "belittling someone's mental health problems because they play for Celtc". 

I'd do the same no matter who he played for because that's not the point, again you probably know this isn't the point but due to your neeky playground level of banter think that false accusations over such issues is good patter. You're a top top man so you are. 

"Enjoy your night m9"

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I disliked the post because it's emotive nonsense aimed at someone I like.

What is it about Tavernier you like, exactly? I know next to nothing about him, so apologies in advance if he's some sort of charity maestro, but the very first thing I've seen of him that's not been in a footballing context is a photo of him with a mutilated dog.

It is now canon in my head that the only reason Tony Stokes took Tavernier to the cleaners in the 2016 Scottish Cup final is because he is a huge animal lover and wanted to humiliate the animal abuser Tavernier.

I would imagine this is a very unpopular opinion but it is borne off a podcast i listened to. I found myself agreeing with some of the what the guy said.

Essentially, it was a discussion around depression and the guy was saying we need to stop telling people that it is a disease that can’t be fixed. He said we need to move away from this and stop telling people it’s not their fault and we should start telling people that if they work hard then they can feel better. We need to stop automatically putting people on pills and tell them to start exercising as it is proven to make people feel better.

That's a very simple answer to an immeasurably complex illness.

I do agree that it seems to be too easy for people to have a prescription for whatever mind altering drug papped in front of them. In many, many cases you'd be as well feeding sufferers a bowl of Coco Pops for all the good the drugs will do.

For some, drugs are clearly the correct course of action but for many others depression is manifested in ways other than biology/genetics.

There needs to be a number of things that change before we'll ever get it right, and the obvious is a much shorter referral time and a more uniform approach across the healthcare system rather allowing clinicians to do whatever the f**k they want with patients, depending on which school they are from.