Unpopular opinions.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

On the subject of dog pubs wtf is that aw about. Years ago I went to visit my sister in Glasgow and I went for a meal with her and her boyfriend. They only served those weirdo hipster beers that taste like shit and had some theme where everyone was sitting with their dogs. As others have said a random dog in the pub that's well behaved is fine, even a boisterous Rottweiler that the owner swears is "friendly" is fine but purposefully taking your dog out to go sit at some wanky hipster place is horrific patter. I literally had a random panic attack and we left early. The whole ethos of these city living people gives me the social fear. 

For clarity this was a pub/restaurant place. 

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Sounds like Inn Deep tbh, a place ran by and for wankers.  

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Just had a google and that's the spot. 

Fucking knew it was Inn Deep from the second sentence. Awful place filled with awful wankers which is a shame cause it's a decent spot.

20 minutes ago, Avon Barksdale said:

The problem with dogs tends to be their owners.

Of course, but lots of people are arseholes and lots of them have dogs that learn to be arseholes too. 

Unfortunately arseholes of a certain type seem more likely to own dogs that are more dangerous, especially when they're treated badly.  I don't blame those dogs but i like to keep my distance.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

^^^ Closest he'd been to Ibrox for a while.

I don't know anybody that's been to a game in football for over a year so you could be on to something... 

The last game I was at was when we lost to Hamilton at home and I started a boo on James Tavernier, we then went on to win almost every league game since, thanks to me of course. 

2 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I actually quite like dogs. One thing I hate though is birds who are obsessed with them. Call themselves a ‘dog mum’, usually closely approaching thirty and single. Refer to them as ‘doggos’ and have things like ‘must love dogs’ or ‘will swipe right if you have a dog’ in their dating profile. Life and personality revolves around owning a dog and taking pictures of it/dressing it up. Dog instagrams. 

Oh Dear.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I know folk who are getting into climbing munros but they can’t bring their stupid wee dogs because they are too weak to climb hills.

Or worse, those who do bring their stupid wee dogs even though they are too weak to climb hills.

I have no idea if this is a popular or unpopular opinion, but it seems like the right time for it.

Owning a pedigree dog is a venal and often cruel practice. It enables weirdos on puppy farms, and most of the time it's merely to satisfy the trite and vain proclivities of the owner.
If the dog is there to fulfill a specific function that its breed is best designed for then it at least serves a purpose; sheepdog, police sniffer dog, etc. If, on the other hand, it's just that a "dog lover" wanted a pure-breed Alsatian or English Bulldog, in the full knowledge that they would be very likely to have significant (and often ultimately fatal, courtesy of a vet's needle) health issues, then it's gross and really speaks ill of us as a species. 

19 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I don't know anybody that's been to a game in football for over a year so you could be on to something... 

The last game I was at was when we lost to Hamilton at home and I started a boo on James Tavernier, we then went on to win almost every league game since, thanks to me of course. 

Okay then

7 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I have no idea if this is a popular or unpopular opinion, but it seems like the right time for it.

Owning a pedigree dog is a venal and often cruel practice. It enables weirdos on puppy farms, and most of the time it's merely to satisfy the trite and vain proclivities of the owner.
If the dog is there to fulfill a specific function that its breed is best designed for then it at least serves a purpose; sheepdog, police sniffer dog, etc. If, on the other hand, it's just that a "dog lover" wanted a pure-breed Alsatian or English Bulldog, in the full knowledge that they would be very likely to have significant (and often ultimately fatal, courtesy of a vet's needle) health issues, then it's gross and really speaks ill of us as a species. 

I'm pretty sure that purebred English bulldogs can't be born naturally, they are all delivered via c-section.

I mean most dogs are bred now for characteristics, it's just the extent that it's done.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I'm pretty sure that purebred English bulldogs can't be born naturally, they are all delivered via c-section.

I mean most dogs are bred now for characteristics, it's just the extent that it's done.

Lots of those characteristics are nice, e.g. I love the way Alsatians look. I wouldn't get one though; I don't want a dog that in all likelihood I'll have to put down aged 10 because it's back hips are fucked due to warped genetic meddling. And it's not just the bit where it dies - the months/years before where arthritis kicks in is just unnecessarily cruel.

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

This might be a dumb question. Why clip their ears? 

So the other dog has nothing to grab onto when they're fighting. And it makes them look scary, which appeals to a certain type of inadequate men.

Edited by Shotgun

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

So the other dog has nothing to grab onto when their fighting. And it makes them look scary, which appeals to a certain type of inadequate men.

Dog fighting. And vanity. What an absolutely despicable horrible c**t. 

Tavernier that is, not you Shotgun.