Unpopular opinions.

As much as Miller Genuine Draft bottles are up there with Buds in the rank of "men who wear trackies to the pub" beers, pints of Miller were actually pretty good around 20 years ago and normally a reasonably cheap pint 
Only because back then Miller usually sat between Kronenbourg and Fosters on the font. Rat piss would sound appealing with those on either side.

Kippers > Breakfast rolls > eggs > Continental breakfast > breakfast cereal.

A full cooked breakfast is a class apart as when done properly you're taking care of two meals in the day, not just breakfast. 

10 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

As much as Miller Genuine Draft bottles are up there with Buds in the rank of "men who wear trackies to the pub" beers, pints of Miller were actually pretty good around 20 years ago and normally a reasonably cheap pint 

You’re absolutely right. Had forgotten that. A Miller was a nice crisp pint and hit the spot. 

On 04/06/2021 at 08:31, ICTChris said:

This morning I made a boiled egg with soldiers for my wee boy and scrambled eggs for me. It’s my favourite meal to have with him, he absolutely loves eating eggs. I boil it for six minutes. We bought him special dinosaur egg cups for Easter.

Eggs truly are magnificent foods, tasty, cheap, versatile and nutritious. Packed with healthy fats and protein, completely lacking in the sugar that’s normally packed into breakfast cereals. 

I'm sure I've posted it on here before but my unpopular opinion is that breakfast cereals are awful.  In order to combat their scourge, we should publicly execute those guys who opened a cafe selling cereal.  

At breakfast this morning my 5-year-old asked me, Dad are we a republican family? I said, son you're too young for that, just go back to dipping your Volunteers into your egg.

Have a good weekend everybody!

10 minutes ago, Duszek said:

I wouldn’t mind England winning a football tournament one day. Just for the novelty value. Would need to be just the once though.

Unpopular opinions, right enough. There are few things I would mind more.

I like the idea of the meeja still fannying on about 1966 when there's nobody left who was alive at the time. 

22 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I like the idea of the meeja still fannying on about 1966 when there's nobody left who was alive at the time. 

‘Post a popular opinion’ thread for this pish.

The last World Cup was quite depressing for me because I realised that the most enjoyment I will ever get from international football is watching England lose.
Really? David Marshall in Serbia beats anything that's happening with any other country for me. Could not give one f**k compared to that moment of YASSSSS

10 minutes ago, Pato said:

Do the English pundits still go on about 1966 as much as they used to? I feel like it's less of a hing these days. Like the failure of the Golden Generation™ to do anything maybe recalibrated their aspirations to something more realistic, to the extent that Gareth Southgate can steer a team to moderate success without it feeling particularly annoying.

Yep. 25 tournaments without a win since 66 (13 WCs and 12 euros) seems to have humbled them. 
96 in particular seemed to crush them.

#itscominghome  #isitfuck

8F8FA368-F400-44FE-B344-0F8C72A25480.jpeg

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
The last World Cup was quite depressing for me because I realised that the most enjoyment I will ever get from international football is watching England lose.

Really? David Marshall in Serbia beats anything that's happening with any other country for me. Could not give one f**k compared to that moment of YASSSSS

I think Miguel is Miguel O’Sanchez.

I recently watched a clip from BT sports where Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard talked about their England days and the Golden Generation. One thing they said was that the squad were definitely split on club lines, with Man Utd players sitting together, Chelsea players, Liverpool players etc doing the same.  Gerrard contrasted this with Suarez at Uruguay where the players mostly play abroad, perhaps counter intuitively this fosters better team spirit. 

Applying this to Scotland the obvious split is between Celtic and Rangers players but there are only two Rangers players in the squad. I think the leaders in the current Scotland squad are guys like Andy Robertson and John McGinn so you’d hope they would avoid any splits.

Do the English pundits still go on about 1966 as much as they used to? I feel like it's less of a hing these days. Like the failure of the Golden Generation[emoji769] to do anything maybe recalibrated their aspirations to something more realistic, to the extent that Gareth Southgate can steer a team to moderate success without it feeling particularly annoying.
Na, when the chips are down, they talk themselves down but dont believe what they are saying then try to peddle the plucky underdog line when they start to do ok, last world cup a perfect example. Their humbleness was absolutely laced with arrogance and it was painfully obvious on the likes of Lineker and Wright

19 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Sorry mate, No