Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

I also know someone that launched a rock at a cows head and it apparantly acted the same. Baffled me because the guy was generally alright, he must've been hanging out with some of the more troublesome types, just completely casually dropped the fact that the day before him and these guys were passing time chucking rocks at cows heads... I just stared at him with a look of baffled disgust, I can't even begin to imagine being convinced to do something to disgusting. 

This also reminds me of one of the funniest reddit posts I recall about awkward first days at work, this guy tells this story about starting work at an abbatoir and he was told to give the cows a dunt with a hammer to the middle of the head, goes into detail about how fucked up it was and it was the worst morning of his life, only to then say as he was leaving for his break the work lads revealed that there was a stun gun you were meant to use but they thought that would be a funny prank to play on the new guy. 

Well it wasn't me that wrote it on Reddit and I think I actually mentioned it here before Reddit was a thing. 

5 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Well it wasn't me that wrote it on Reddit and I think I actually mentioned it here before Reddit was a thing. 

You know, my memory is so bad I easily could have read this at any point on here between 2012-2016 and falsely attributed it to reddit. Did you end the post by saying you quit? Either way that story is amazing in a disgusting way. 

I once witnessed the founder and owner of Innis and Gunn throw a rock at a duck which was swimming in the River Lossie.  Broke its neck and it floated peacefully downstream.
I'd like to break that man's neck and slowly drown the c**t.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:
7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
I once witnessed the founder and owner of Innis and Gunn throw a rock at a duck which was swimming in the River Lossie.  Broke its neck and it floated peacefully downstream.

It was when we were about 8 tbf.

10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

But was it Innis or Gunn?

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

You know, my memory is so bad I easily could have read this at any point on here between 2012-2016 and falsely attributed it to reddit. Did you end the post by saying you quit? Either way that story is amazing in a disgusting way. 

Aye I quit. To be honest, I never expected the reaction it got. It was only part of a post when I said my worst job was tailing prawns and I still consider that to be worse cos I stuck it for a month.

9 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Aye I quit. To be honest, I never expected the reaction it got. It was only part of a post when I said my worst job was tailing prawns and I still consider that to be worse cos I stuck it for a month.

It was a very vivid image you painted. One of the all time best posts. 

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

6 Music are doing a 2010s day (#hashtagfrobackfursday). A popular opinion amongst those of us with taste (and therefore unpopular on P&B) but the 2010s were a great decade for music.

Just popping over to the PTTGOYN thread to moan about "throwbacks" being about things within the past decade.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A childhood friend who was part of our friends circle until we were mid teens dropped a half brick into a swans nest while the swans were sitting in it. He also used to carry out campaigns of telephone harassment against seemingly random victims to amuse himself and keep calling them in the dead of night for months. He once verbally abused some similar aged teens from across a canal and then conveniently fucked off before they returned team handed and kicked f**k out of those of us who were left. Used to keep bottles of his own urine dotted around his room. Also was a serial liar. All the signs were there and I would not be in the least bit surprised if he is currently locked up somewhere.