Unpopular opinions.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

On another occasion, not far from where the above took place, and around the same time give or take a year, a friend chucked a big stone at a cow that smacked it square in the puss. The poor cow let out a bellow of anguish and started staggering around, before lying down. At the time I found it exceptionally funny, but later that night, lying in bed, I felt bad for the big bovine b*****d. I told my friend to cut it out next time I saw him.

At the risk of sounding like a total fanny, hearing/seeing stuff like this makes me feel nauseous. Anyone intentionally harming defenceless animals are utter psychopaths IMO and I would genuinely make offences like this punishable to the same extent than if it was a human. We aren’t somehow better or more valuable than animals.

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I hope that cow gets their revenge someday.

Unlikely, as said friend died many years ago.

19 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

At the risk of sounding like a total fanny, hearing/seeing stuff like this makes me feel nauseous. Anyone intentionally harming defenceless animals are utter psychopaths IMO and I would genuinely make offences like this punishable to the same extent than if it was a human. We aren’t somehow better or more valuable than animals.

You don't sound like a fanny at all. I completely agree. As a daft kid I found it hilarious at the time but, as I mentioned, I later felt bad about it and told my friend to not do it again (which he didn't).

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He got bored after about 7 minutes and fucked off back to his field. We climbed down, carefully and always on the lookout for the cow, then, after briefly surveying the trampled carnage from ground level, ran away to play football again.

This cow seems like some boi...

I also know someone that launched a rock at a cows head and it apparantly acted the same. Baffled me because the guy was generally alright, he must've been hanging out with some of the more troublesome types, just completely casually dropped the fact that the day before him and these guys were passing time chucking rocks at cows heads... I just stared at him with a look of baffled disgust, I can't even begin to imagine being convinced to do something to disgusting. 

This also reminds me of one of the funniest reddit posts I recall about awkward first days at work, this guy tells this story about starting work at an abbatoir and he was told to give the cows a dunt with a hammer to the middle of the head, goes into detail about how fucked up it was and it was the worst morning of his life, only to then say as he was leaving for his break the work lads revealed that there was a stun gun you were meant to use but they thought that would be a funny prank to play on the new guy. 

I also know someone that launched a rock at a cows head and it apparantly acted the same. Baffled me because the guy was generally alright, he must've been hanging out with some of the more troublesome types, just completely casually dropped the fact that the day before him and these guys were passing time chucking rocks at cows heads... I just stared at him with a look of baffled disgust, I can't even begin to imagine being convinced to do something to disgusting. 
This also reminds me of one of the funniest reddit posts I recall about awkward first days at work, this guy tells this story about starting work at an abbatoir and he was told to give the cows a dunt with a hammer to the middle of the head, goes into detail about how fucked up it was and it was the worst morning of his life, only to then say as he was leaving for his break the work lads revealed that there was a stun gun you were meant to use but they thought that would be a funny prank to play on the new guy. 
Hawd the bus! That story was told on here. It better be the same guy rather than him just copying it from Reddit.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
34 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Hawd the bus! That story was told on here. It better be the same guy rather than him just copying it from Reddit.

Hahaha. Caught a dull yin!

Edited by jimbaxters