Unpopular opinions.

2 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

Here's a phrase for them from the 90's ''Man the f**k up!!'' shower of greetin faced twats, and easily more than 50% of them are lying b*****ds.

What about the 50% who are telling the truth? 

"Man the f**k up!!" is possibly the worst thing you could say to them.

The lockdown has left me fed up, crabbit and a bit worried about the future of my employment. It hasn’t affected my mental health , to describe the things I mentioned above as mental health issues is incredibly trivialising to actual mental health, in the same way that everycunt has “social anxiety “ now insteas of just being shy / lacking in confidence

However if we had an ultra strict enforced lockdown like spain or china (which i thought were inhumane) where you were not allowed out for exercise and only to the shops once a week then that would absolutely f**k my mental health. I need out for fresh air and a bit exercise or i get seriously restless

The lockdown has left me fed up, crabbit and a bit worried about the future of my employment. It hasn’t affected my mental health , to describe the things I mentioned above as mental health issues is incredibly trivialising to actual mental health, in the same way that everycunt has “social anxiety “ now insteas of just being shy / lacking in confidence

However if we had an ultra strict enforced lockdown like spain or china (which i thought were inhumane) where you were not allowed out for exercise and only to the shops once a week then that would absolutely f**k my mental health. I need out for fresh air and a bit exercise or i get seriously restless
I think the term you're describing is your mental wellbeing - and it's incredibly important.

I could be wrong here but mental health is more relating to whether you have fine mental health or a mental illness of some sort (diagnosed or not).

But mental wellbeing is something we all need to take more seriously.

I think the term you're describing is your mental wellbeing - and it's incredibly important.

I could be wrong here but mental health is more relating to whether you have fine mental health or a mental illness of some sort (diagnosed or not).

But mental wellbeing is something we all need to take more seriously.
Mental health and wellbeing are one in the same really. It's generally about your thoughts and in particular your mood. Mental Illness is just that, a diagnosed illness.

MH and wellbeing are indeed really important and folk should open up more about how they are feeling to people they are close to. But sadly we still live in a society where idiotic views like "man the f**k up" are commonplace.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

A friend recently approached me and told me he was struggling with his mental health to which I simply replied "Eat My Shorts" which caused him to forget the crippling debt he's in and the fact his wife's left him.

I just tell them I've got enough problems of my own without listening to theirs. 

It gives them a renewed sense of perspective and it must work because they never come back.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mental health and wellbeing are one in the same really. It's generally about your thoughts and in particular your mood. Mental Illness is just that, a diagnosed illness.

MH and wellbeing are indeed really important and folk should open up more about how they are feeling to people they are close to. But sadly we still live in a society where idiotic views like "man the f**k up" are commonplace.

Mental health is a part of wellbeing. Physical well-being is also important.

On 06/01/2021 at 18:28, 19QOS19 said:

its only an idiotic view when people have a genuine issue, my whole unpopular opinion was based around the overuse of the term by people who can't get their own way, or can't do what they normally do, in short, i was triggered my a manager of a junior club claiming lockdown will kill junior football, {a genuine concern } and no games will effect the mental health of my players { i'm just not buying that shite} 

its only an idiotic view when people have a genuine issue, my whole unpopular opinion was based around the overuse of the term by people who can't get their own way, or can't do what they normally do, in short, i was triggered my a manager of a junior club claiming lockdown will kill junior football, {a genuine concern } and no games will effect the mental health of my players { i'm just not buying that shite} 
But if folk can't do what they normally do it's obviously has potential to effect their mental health.

Regardless of your argument, "man up" is just a horrible term to use in this day and age.