Unpopular opinions.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pizza from all takeaway establishments (notable exception, the delicious deep fried chippy pizza) is shite.

The only pizzas close to being worth paying for are from Italian restaurants and even then, a lot of them are shite.

The correct way to purchase a pizza for home use is from the supermarket.

Nico's takeaway pizzeria (branches all over the Clyde Riviera) proves this to be wrong. Parma ham, mascarpone and n'duja, with a rosemary and mozzarella garlic bread as well. Holds its own against all but Tonino's, which is both sit down and takeaway.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Thankfully Arthur Mathews, the one and only person who wrote Father Ted, knew when to quit.

Well to be fair, his hand was forced a wee bit there.

But yeah, credit to the only recognised creator of Father Ted that he didn't just find a replacement for Dermot Morgan. His legacy is that it is probably the only telly show without a bad episode.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Pizza from all takeaway establishments (notable exception, the delicious deep fried chippy pizza) is shite.

The only pizzas close to being worth paying for are from Italian restaurants and even then, a lot of them are shite.

Nonsense. Proper Italian pizza practically on your doorstep. I reckon they’d probably deliver to you.

(Deep-fried factory pizzas also available)

6EC97EEB-47A7-411C-8540-D202D7E463CE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Erm, you phone the takeaway and ask for a 16" meat feast pizza with extra toppings.

Happy to help.

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Nico's takeaway pizzeria (branches all over the Clyde Riviera) proves this to be wrong. Parma ham, mascarpone and n'duja, with a rosemary and mozzarella garlic bread as well. Holds its own against all but Tonino's, which is both sit down and takeaway.

Controversial considering the latter was awarded best pizzeria in Scotland last year, but on the pizza alone I'd go for Nico's over Tonino's. Tonino's obviously has more to offer in the way of sides though, and the cannoli is incredible if you're wanting to add a dessert.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Controversial considering the latter was awarded best pizzeria in Scotland last year, but on the pizza alone I'd go for Nico's over Tonino's. 

If by 'controversial' you mean 'objectively wrong as the award quite clearly proves' - sure, welcome to the thread.

17 hours ago, Markka said:

Fawlty Towers is another.

A few folk have summed up my opinion of Still Game - it was good, sometimes great, and should have ended in 2007.

I'm not sure Fawlty Towers went on longer than it should have - only 12 episodes spread over 4 years.  For me,  many of the episodes were just not  that great.  A few classics and the rest were average at best IMO.

Pizza from kebab shops etc is generally rank.

Pizza from proper Italian takeaways, which Scotland has an abundance of, is usually of a pretty good standard.

54 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

*eyes narrow*

what kind of toasties?

The toastie I made yesterday was better than any pizza ever.

I like pizza so don’t view this as criticism of them.

19 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

One of the worst opinions I’ve read on Pie and Bovril.