Unpopular opinions.

Local council, or whoever, has just agreed to let a burger King, McDonald's, coffee shops and a cheesecake shop open up within weeks.
Thats in an area where there's already two McDonald's and a KFC.
Obesity epidemic and now there's more and more shops selling shite.

Dunno what can be done, just bemused as to why this can be allowed when we are supposed to be encouraging kids to eat healthy meals. Absolutely zero nutritional value to any of this garbage.

Unpopular opinion is that maybe shops like this need to be taxed so much that they can't open and get replaced with healthier options. People can't be trusted and will just eat like babies until they're fat as f**k.
I think it'd be harsh to shut them. I don't know the numbers but given the number of people that seem to work in our ones here I expect they (McDonalds in particular) hire a lot of staff. If you closed them/banned them it wouldn't help the obesity crisis IMO. Folk would just move on to something different. Certainly if you replaced our McDonalds with a healthy alternative I'd give it 6 months before it closed.

These places aren't even cheap anymore so I don't think that's much of an argument for folk who use them regularly. The last time I got my tea at McDonalds I spent around £20 and none of the meals were large. That could feed my whole house decent meals for 3/4 days.

I'd like to say education is required but lets face it. Even the thickest folk in our society know fast food isn't good for you yet they continue to hoover it up. I really don't know what the answer is but closing these places isn't it IMO.

On 17/10/2020 at 18:21, MixuFruit said:

Isn't the whole thing with WASPI women that they were told they could retire at 60 and were suddenly told as they approached this age that they needed to work to 65 or whatever without having enough time to make financial plans for this?

I think it was announced quite a few years ago.  Anyway, if they thought that they were going to retire at 60, would they not have made all the arrangements, so that's all still in place 5 years later?  The other way round would be a problem.

Well I've been slagged off by a load of mates this week when I sent a YouTube of that song. Be very glad if it isn't unpopular in the wider world.

Idiots. Has some brilliant songs, candy being one. Never heard anything bad about him either so presumably a gid c**t to boot.