Unpopular opinions.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I agree with Mixu in that Kournikova was wildly overrated. Still a mega wid though, just doesnt match up to the hype that surrounded her. There have been better looking tennis players, Sharapova, Ivanovic, Hingis and Bouchard being examples off the top of my head.

Annabel Croft has always been a correct answer on this subject

annabe-croft-2.jpg

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Saying that you'll watch an absolutely shite TV show or film because there's an attractive person in it is abysmal patter.

Even worse is if you actually do it. If so you're a sad tosser.

I’ll admit to watching bay watch when I was younger. No idea what it was about tbh.

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Saying that you'll watch an absolutely shite TV show or film because there's an attractive person in it is abysmal patter.

I watched Eurotrash for its thoughtful investigative pieces tbhwy.

This is really funny to me when people do this.

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I watched Eurotrash for its thoughtful investigative pieces tbhwy.

Eurotrash was entertaining at least. It was quite amusing because it was so shit. 

Also there were very few attractive people on it. Antoine was probably the best looking person they had!

Scientology is exceptionally ludicrous. It is incredibly obviously a massive load of pish.

It is also no more ludicrous/ridiculous/stupid/contradictory than garbage like Islam, Christianity, Judiasm, Sikhism etc. 

It's as invalid/valid as any other religion.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Scientology is exceptionally ludicrous. It is incredibly obviously a massive load of pish.

It is also no more ludicrous/ridiculous/stupid/contradictory than garbage like Islam, Christianity, Judiasm, Sikhism etc. 

The Reasonabilists make some strong arguments.

21 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

test match cricket is the pinnacle of sport. 

Test matches are the only real proof we have the humans are capable of civilised behaviour. Magnificent.

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, JTS98 said:
Test matches are the only real proof we have the humans are capable of civilised behaviour. Magnificent.

Is this a joke? Theres all manner of underhanded shit going on. Not a criticism.

Of course the players cheat.

But the act of committing to a five-day event played at a gentle pace, happy in the knowledge that there may be no winner or it may be curtailed by weather, is the mark of the civilised fellow.

In these days of instant gratification and short attention spans it is a rare thing.

Edited by JTS98

What about the Movementarians?

26 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Of course the players cheat.

But the act of committing to a five-day event played at a gentle pace, happy in the knowledge that there may be no winner or it may be curtailed by weather, is the mark of the civilised fellow.

In these days of instant gratification and short attention spans it is a rare thing.

Remember when England broke the boycott of apartheid South Africa? The civilised b*****ds. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Remember when England broke the boycott of apartheid South Africa? The civilised b*****ds. 

Nothing to do with the quoted post though, innit.

If you don't like test cricket, you are an uncivilised oaf. This is a fact.