Unpopular opinions.

Golf's problem is that the format is shite, that's why the Ryder Cup seems so exciting. Any supporting competition can be watchable if the right parameters are set.

The last couple of years I've got pretty into basketball from watching Serie C Gold in Italy, having only nodded passively at a few games in the Mariner Centre previously. Seeing Zalgiris in the Euroleague is one of my top ten sporting days ever.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I imagine (other than it being played by posh English folk) the main reason people don't like cricket is because they've only ever seen test cricket, which can be incredibly boring in fairness.

Possibly. Playing over 5 days and ending in a draw is not worthy of spectators.

Whereas playing 50 overs each at the Grange and Scotland setting a world record runs total for a ODI and beating Egoland in the final over...now you're talking.

5 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

My topical tennis unpopular opinion is that Anna Kournikova was a Boris Yeltsin faced wid not.

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks but it appears that in this short time period that Mixu has completely lost his mind. 

unnamed (4).jpg

images - 2020-09-03T094656.987.jpeg

Screenshot_20200903-094800_Chrome.jpg

images - 2020-09-03T094901.762.jpeg

I agree with Mixu in that Kournikova was wildly overrated. Still a mega wid though, just doesnt match up to the hype that surrounded her. There have been better looking tennis players, Sharapova, Ivanovic, Hingis and Bouchard being examples off the top of my head.

7 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I imagine (other than it being played by posh English folk) the main reason people don't like cricket is because they've only ever seen test cricket, which can be incredibly boring in fairness.

Yeah some passages of Test Cricket can be eye bleedingly boring, but a T20 or ODI when England are playing Pakistan is hard to beat for atmosphere & they are usually great contests. I, for one, would like to be in the room the day someone calls Ben Stokes a posh Englishman.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I agree with Mixu in that Kournikova was wildly overrated. Still a mega wid though, just doesnt match up to the hype that surrounded her. There have been better looking tennis players, Sharapova, Ivanovic, Hingis and Bouchard being examples off the top of my head.

Apparently you've lost the plot as well. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I get why people don't like it, but for me, test match cricket is the pinnacle of sport. 

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Possibly. Playing over 5 days and ending in a draw is not worthy of spectators.

Whereas playing 50 overs each at the Grange and Scotland setting a world record runs total for a ODI and beating Egoland in the final over...now you're talking.

The bold bit didn't happen. It was a cracking game though, and Callum McLeod's innings that day is up there with the best I've witnessed live in the ground (it does have to compete with a Graeme Smith 150 along with Joe Root and Steve Smith double tons, mind). It was also the first time an associate nation had beaten the world number 1 team.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That's the same with all sports personalities. They are the best looking in their field, usually fit and well turned out, so they look good in their context.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the T20 world cup.