Unpopular opinions.

42 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Off on a tangent, but I really fancy a World Cup for the shittest nations in the world. San Marino, Gibraltar, maybe Liechtenstein from Europe

What? Scotland don’t even get to play in this one?

5 hours ago, Shotgun said:

What? Scotland don’t even get to play in this one?

There's a world cup for nations not recognised by FIFA. Scotland should tell FIFA to ram it and then we can test our mettle against Kiribati, Quebec and the Isle of Man

Spoiler

Before getting horsed by Catalonia

There's a world cup for nations not recognised by FIFA. Scotland should tell FIFA to ram it and then we can test our mettle against Kiribati, Quebec and the Isle of Man
Spoiler

Before getting horsed by Catalonia

We would still finish 3rd in that group due to an opening day 1-0 defeat to Kiribati.

The "My child has the right to do whatever they want!" mentality from parents has always pissed me off. 

I have recently moved into the first floor of a new property, and the people on the ground floor have this incredibly loud kid. This noisy wee shite from hell bangs and screams constantly starting from 6am to 12pm through the day. There are times I can hear my living room vibrating from the loud bangs he loves to make. I can put up with the kid screaming, since you can barley hear it from this floor. The banging on the other hand is incredibly frustrating, and it can easily destract you whenever you're playing a game, watching a film, or even playing guitar. The first night I moved in here, the bloke from the floor above told me that he recently told them to try and discipline their kid for making so much noise. They have obviously not listened, since it has gradually been getting worst since I moved in last month. Parents like that love to put their kid on a pedestal, and they get really offended when someone rightly tells them to be more respectful to the neighbours. If the shoe was on the other foot, I bet they would soon get pissed off with that much noise, and they would probably be the first to tell the kid's parent's to keep the noise down.

Edited by Sigma

8 minutes ago, Sigma said:

The "My child has the right to do whatever they want!" mentality from parents has always pissed me off. 

I have recently moved into the first floor of a new property, and the people on the ground floor have this incredibly loud kid. This noisy wee shite from hell bangs and screams constantly starting from 6am to 12pm through the day. There are times I can hear my living room vibrating from the loud bangs he loves to make. I can put up with the kid screaming, since you can barley hear it from this floor. The banging on the other hand is incredibly frustrating, and it can easily destract you whenever you're playing a game, watching a film, or even playing guitar. The first night I moved in here, the bloke from the floor above told me that he recently told them to try and discipline their kid for making so much noise. They have obviously not listened, since it has gradually been getting worst since I moved in last month. Parents like that love to put their kid on a pedestal, and they get really offended when someone rightly tells them to be more respectful to the neighbours. If the shoe was on the other foot, I bet they would soon get pissed off with that much noise, and they would probably be the first to tell the kid's parent's to keep the noise down.

The're probably trying to drown out the noise from your TV or guitar t.b.f!

14 minutes ago, Sigma said:

You cannae talk aboot weans like that until you've had three yersel!!!!111!!!!!!

10 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Off on a tangent, but I really fancy a World Cup for the shittest nations in the world. San Marino, Gibraltar, maybe Liechtenstein from Europe, perhaps Venezuela from South America, a handful of micro-nations from  the South Seas, some tiny islands in the Caribbean...

tenor-12.gif

Maybe the wording from the neighbour has pissed them off? I'm not defending them as I can imagine it is an absolute nightmare for you, I'm just thinking from the parent point of view*. If someone said to me "your kid is being pretty loud, is there any chance you could tell them to keep it down?" I'd be apologetic and do something about it. If they came to me and said "you should discipline your kid for making so much noise" it would get my back up and regardless of whether or not my kid was loud I'd not do anything about it just for spite.

* I wouldn't be in that position as I'm not a selfish inconsiderate p***k, but for arguments sake.

30 minutes ago, Sigma said:

He stops at noon, what are you moaning about? 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Maybe the wording from the neighbour has pissed them off? I'm not defending them as I can imagine it is an absolute nightmare for you, I'm just thinking from the parent point of view*. If someone said to me "your kid is being pretty loud, is there any chance you could tell them to keep it down?" I'd be apologetic and do something about it. If they came to me and said "you should discipline your kid for making so much noise" it would get my back up and regardless of whether or not my kid was loud I'd not do anything about it just for spite.

* I wouldn't be in that position as I'm not a selfish inconsiderate p***k, but for arguments sake.

The 'parent point of view' being adopted when someone has the temerity to criticise the massively disruptive behaviour of their family unit to everyone around them is the problem. In no other situation would supposedly rational adults be allowed to take a massive tantrum and 'do nothing out of spite' to address valid criticism: indeed the same people would have an absolute meltdown if a shop worker or work colleague did the same to them. But pop out a kid and it's suddenly OK to get on your cross every five minutes about it. 

37 minutes ago, Sigma said:

As you're above them it is a lot easier for you to make noises that are very distracting for them.

I personally suggest you making this noise when the wee shite is asleep and see if you can wake Damien up.

Or you can of course keep moaning about it on here and hope that this helps the situation.

While we're on the topic btw, child tax credits and other incentives that promote starting families should be scrapped. There are already more than seven billion people living on the planet; it's also not 1910 and so we don't need more patriotic cannon fodder to fight the next European land war. There is absolutely no good reason then to give people a tax break for a choice that they can fund out of their existing income. It will of course never happen in the UK - because democratic governments are utter shitebags when it comes to the middle class maw vote - but it is in the fact the only logical and correct policy. 

36 minutes ago, virginton said:

While we're on the topic btw, child tax credits and other incentives that promote starting families should be scrapped. There are already more than seven billion people living on the planet; it's also not 1910 and so we don't need more patriotic cannon fodder to fight the next European land war. There is absolutely no good reason then to give people a tax break for a choice that they can fund out of their existing income. It will of course never happen in the UK - because democratic governments are utter shitebags when it comes to the middle class maw vote - but it is in the fact the only logical and correct policy. 

It's because pensions are and will be funded from current taxes. We need the people in the workforce. Apparently it is not politically expedient for these people to be born elsewhere and have funny names so British babies need to be encouraged. 

As a parent who doesn't get Working Tax Credit, UC or whatever the f**k it's called today I still support it.

I fully support the benefits system.

I fully support council houses for folk, including asylum seekers.

I'm a believer in the state not interfering in people's lives, unless those people need them.

As one French politician said once "The only red thing left on Clydeside is the tenements". It's true, and it's sad.

1 hour ago, Sigma said:

victorian-dad.png.642e1c12b3a4b2d4be35dd6480625bdd.png

Sounds like you have Viz's Modern Parents living below you. 

Frighten the shite out of the wee b*****d by dressing up as Death and appearing at his bedroom window one night and telling him naughty children who bang on the floor get taken away. 

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd go one step further. I'd fine people having children and after 2, mandatory castration. 

I quite like that idea as someone who has no kids- imagine strutting about Tesco's laughing at the eunuch Dads :lol:

24 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's because pensions are and will be funded from current taxes. We need the people in the workforce. Apparently it is not politically expedient for these people to be born elsewhere and have funny names so British babies need to be encouraged. 

We could swap our pensioners with youths from Africa with the lure of a (one-way) free cruise out there.  Old 'uns love a safari, and even a flimsy private pension will go a long way in Kenya, Botswana or some other Commonwealth state.