Unpopular opinions.

36 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'm not sure I know any Coldplay songs about from that one with the pretentious lyrics I don't understand about ruling the world or something. 

Mind you the last time I bothered with the charts "Don't look back in anger" was in the top ten.

I looked at the charts a couple of weeks ago, just to see how many of the acts I recognised. Very fucking few. I did notice, however, that Mr Brightside by The Killers was at number 80. There's a wee link next to each song that shows its chart history. Turns out Mr Brightside has been floating around the top 100 since 2004.

It's seems that the UK is populated by the sort of people who don't realise that The Killers are absolute dogshit.

20 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

My favourite Coldplay moment was some raging bigot on Follow Follow complaining about a song with the lyric "Roman Catholic choirs are singing" being played at Ibrox. 

They also say “sing a rebel song” in Every teardrop is a waterfall.

40 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Sigh. Broke a cardinal rule of mine and commented on a public page. This time the Dunfermline Press and their piece about Wetherspoons opening again, calling everyone who went there now a c**t basically.

Already two fandans replying whom seem oblivious or care not about work ethics.

I'm with you on this one Stellaboz, won't be patronising  the bar in Dunfermline from now on.  I'll be looking closely at the activities of the Seven Kings during lockdown, but nothing seems to be untoward with them dealing with their staff, so the odd meal and beer will be taken there as a creditable alternative.

There hasn't been any decent music since Stevie Ray Vaughan died. I have no idea what the last few pages have been about. <Shakes fist at clouds>.

Thankfully @tamthebam is doing his bit to retain some level of common sense here. Pickled beetroot and crisps on a roll is peak aliment.

Edited by Shotgun

7 hours ago, renton said:

Muse peaked early with Origins of Symmetry, their last good album was Black Holes and Revelations.

Drones was up there with BHaR, the two either side of that were horrendous though.

Music peaked in my book around 2005-07 and the last decade has been a solid march into the abyss. Indie in particular is now fatally irrelevant as a genre and won't be back.

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

Drones was up there with BHaR, the two either side of that were horrendous though.

Music peaked in my book around 2005-07 and the last decade has been a solid march into the abyss. Indie in particular is now fatally irrelevant as a genre and won't be back.

Yeah, it was a good time, I practically lived In Liquid Rooms during that period. indie night on the Friday...

Edited by renton

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Probably not that unpopular an opinion but Rockness In it's first few years was a far superior festival to T In The Park.

Don't think anyone who went to both would disagree. Far better and chiller vibe. Even when it went TITP lite it was still much more relaxed with a sounder crowd and the heavier dance focus meant you could just be pleasantly swedgered the entire time.

Don't think anyone who went to both would disagree. Far better and chiller vibe. Even when it went TITP lite it was still much more relaxed with a sounder crowd and the heavier dance focus meant you could just be pleasantly swedgered the entire time.

Why did the plug get pulled, wasn’t it selling out most years and attracting older TITP crowds that didn’t fancy it after it became full of neds in its later years

1 hour ago, virginton said:

You know you don't need to keep listening to the same bands and genre from 2006, yes?

14 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You know you don't need to keep listening to the same bands and genre from 2006, yes?

I think lots of people just have their era of music that was their favourite and no matter what you try then nothing else quite does it for you. 

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

I think lots of people just have their era of music that was their favourite and no matter what you try then nothing else quite does it for you. 

I grew up with indie music from the late 80s to mid 90s.

I seldom listen to it now though and I would never entertain any landfill indie shite from the 00s.

These days I mostly listen to old soul, reggae, funk, hip hop, krautrock and other genres that weren't really available  in the pre internet era.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

And you were able to make a fucking fortune renting out your shower. 

The early 90s to me just seemed like an explosion of new talent and creativity.

There was so much good music of all genres coming out. Hip hop was still decent with uk stuff as well.
Clubs played a variety of stuff as well and attracted people of all races and upbringing and pretty much stopped the casual culture.
Now you've got nothing, no creative breakthroughs just shit like mumble rap, trap music or generic edm watered down nonsense.
I know that you tend to align to the music of your youth but since mid 90s its really fallen off a cliff. I think this is partly to the download and mp3 culture. It really devalues music and its all too throwaway and forgettable.
Young folk just wouldn't have the patience or attention span to appreciate a show like John peel these days. Just dull watered down vacuous false pish.

This is a total yer da post but compare any genre from now to twenty years ago. Hard to see any progression.

14 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

This is a total yer da post but compare any genre from now to twenty years ago. Hard to see any progression.

I remember many middle-aged fuds in the early '90s complaining about modern music being recycled pish. Nirvana ripping off Cheap Trick (whoever they were) seemed to be quite a common opinion. Presumably mid-18th century Salzburg was awash with auld fuds rattling on about this upstart Mozart and this generic plinky-plonk stuff he keeps rattling out.

From this, I think we can gather that middle-aged folk from all periods in history should just f**k off and realise their time is done. You're Yer Da now. Accept it.

Edit: it was always OK to slag Coldplay, however, as nobody under the age of 30 ever bought one of their albums. Same goes for any of that copycat shite, like Snow Patrol. Absolute gash purchased by Yer Maw because the Rolling Stones might have upset her heart condition.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I remember many middle-aged fuds in the early '90s complaining about modern music being recycled pish. Nirvana ripping off Cheap Trick (whoever they were) seemed to be quite a common opinion. Presumably mid-18th century Salzburg was awash with auld fuds rattling on about this upstart Mozart and this generic plinky-plonk stuff he keeps rattling out.

From this, I think we can gather that middle-aged folk from all periods in history should just f**k off and realise their time is done. You're Yer Da now. Accept it.

Watch your lip sunny jim