Unpopular opinions.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
3 minutes ago, throbber said:
They’ve got a pretty large, worldwide following for that to be the case.

Great live band.

Aye I’ve seen them twice, think they closed their TITP 2011 set with Every tear drop is a waterfall which is their best song IMO.

Some utterly shameful opinions here. Throbber has always danced around the border of OFTWland, so no surprise there.19QOS19, though. Coldplay? For f**k's sake.

Yes, I know it's the "Unpopular Opinions" thread, but that doesn't mean you can't overstep the mark.

Coldplay. Fucking Hell.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Some utterly shameful opinions here. Throbber has always danced around the border of OFTWland, so no surprise there.19QOS19, though. Coldplay? For f**k's sake.

Yes, I know it's the "Unpopular Opinions" thread, but that doesn't mean you can't overstep the mark.

Coldplay. Fucking Hell.

It’s okay, I’m in good company with DA Baracus on this one.

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Parachutes is one of the best albums of the 2000s.

I noticed you semi committed to your point.

Didn't say 1 of the top 10/20/30 albums just a generic 1 of the best.

Put a number on it man

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s okay, I’m in good company with DA Baracus on this one.

I would have included him in my list of posters to abuse if I'd realised that he was talking about a Coldplay album. Have only been skimming posts, while vomiting at the support shown for Coldplay.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Before I completely get labelled as OFTW it’s probably not even in my top 10 albums of the 00’s. My favourite is a toss up between Is this it and Whatever people say I am, that’s what I’m not. Avril Lavigne - let go is definitely top 5 as well.

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

never trust anybody! - GIF - Imgur

Superhans actually wanted to create a super band out of Hard Fi and the Kaiser chiefs so he can f**k off!

Edited by throbber

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

Probably not that unpopular an opinion, Coldplay are a very popular band. I find them to be the biggest hit or miss band of my lifetime, some 10/10 songs and some utter dross. Great to see live though.

In general Coldplay are absolutely terrible. One of their albums (Viva la Vida) is genuinely one of the worst things I've ever heard. None of their albums since Parachutes have been good. At best they have a couple of good tunes (Mylo Xyloto) and at worse they are an abomination (see previous comments).

9 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I noticed you semi committed to your point.

Didn't say 1 of the top 10/20/30 albums just a generic 1 of the best.

Put a number on it man

Probably top 15.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
High heels are shit. Don't see them as being attractive and they look so uncomfortable.
A pair of high/mid top trainers are much better looking.
Person preference of course. Sorry Gunther.

This is bollocks

My man, give it a play. So many good tunes.

28 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Coldplay have a lot of excellent tracks. Some guff as well, but more good than bad.

Definitely more bad than good but the rest is pretty much an undeniable fact: absolutely disgusting as it quite rightly makes most people feel when thinking about it. I wouldn't listen to any of their albums or buy a ticket to their gigs but they've got more than enough in their catalogue to produce a formidable 90 minute headliner set at a festival.

Chris Martin is obviously still the c**t's c**t though.

Edited by vikingTON

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

Superhans actually wanted to create a super band out of Hard Fi and the Kaiser chiefs so he can f**k off!

'Employment' by Kaiser Chiefs is actually a very enjoyable album. They're a classic case of second album syndrome: a group that had condensed years of hit and miss material Into one 'debut' album and then tried to churn out another one in 18 months. The results were >50% and >75% utter shite in albums two and three respectively 

On 01/07/2020 at 20:13, DA Baracus said:

Chips should always be nice and crispy on the outside but fluffy on the inside.

On 01/07/2020 at 20:17, MixuFruit said:

I love a soggy chip tbh

the correct protocol is to obtain your chips in a well-made paper cone, and douse the fuckers with vinegar, so the ones at the top are crisp, and by the time you reach the bottom (leave it), those down there have become soggy - best of both worlds