Unpopular opinions.

16 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Most of them probably had a granny who stewed cabbage until it turned grey.

That would be my Mum. I was a grown man before I learned it was OK for cooked vegetables to crunch.

On a sort of related note; when I moved into my own place, my sister bought me a wok as a housewarming present. It was (almost) comical how many people of that generation were horrified at the idea of flash-cooking anything, even vegetables. My boss in particular gave me endless lectures about the importance of cooking things "properly." ie, until it was a soggy mess.

Never understand folk who say they don't like any sort of fruit or veg, there are dozens (prob hundreds) of different types of varying tastes and textures, surely there are some they like.
I dont eat fruit or veg, I decided I'm just going to go to the shop and buy one of everything and logically there must be one I'd like just not got round to doing this yet.

44 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I like orange peel. Was warned if I kept eating the peel, it would turn the soles of my feet orange 

Eating a bag of Cheesy Wotsits just before you go to bed makes your knob turn orange

53 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I like orange peel. Was warned if I kept eating the peel, it would turn the soles of my feet orange 

Handy for the annual Walk I suppose...

I eat the slices of lime, lemon and orange that you get in soft drinks in the pub (designated driver) whole. It started when I won a pint bet as a student that I couldn't eat a slice of lime whole 

5 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

What the fucking hell is going on in this thread you bunch of fruit psychos

Hey, I paid for that drink AND the wee bit of fruit. I'm DAMNED if I'm letting it go to waste!

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

That would be my Mum. I was a grown man before I learned it was OK for cooked vegetables to crunch.

On a sort of related note; when I moved into my own place, my sister bought me a wok as a housewarming present. It was (almost) comical how many people of that generation were horrified at the idea of flash-cooking anything, even vegetables. My boss in particular gave me endless lectures about the importance of cooking things "properly." ie, until it was a soggy mess.

It wasn’t till I turned 30 that I realised that cabbage didn’t need to taste like boiled piss.