Unpopular opinions.

The NHS obsession is a strange, unique aspect of British politics and society. The British state has become, for a lot of political people, a health care service with a few ancillary wings. This isn’t the case in other comparable countries, where elections and politics aren’t dominated by healthcare the way the UKs are.

Post Covid, this tendency will only increase and regressive controlling policies will be justified by reference to the NHS. The upcoming war on obesity is one.

On 03/05/2020 at 10:34, Bert Raccoon said:

I'm just annoyed he burgled a shite 80s pop stars house rather than a trigger happy farmers.

I’d applaud him and buy one of his cool books if he’d tanned Geldof’s house tbh.

On 03/05/2020 at 15:29, Honest_Man#1 said:

Absolutely massive tits (especially so when they’re only because the women is question is the size of a house) are distinctly unattractive. A large number of the nurse pictures that are routinely posted in the COVID thread are absolutely howling.

I’m expecting a raft of red dots from the forum da’s/over 60s who seem to absolutely revel in said pictures.

Once my dot allowance refreshes, I’ll probably come back and red dot this post. Starting a post with those 3 words only not to post any is absolutely disgusting VL behaviour.

Edited by 8MileBU

the phrase "chippy tea" is of the same gratingly childish ilk as the use of defining what period of time remains before a given event by the number of "sleeps"

anyone who has "three sleeps until my next chippy tea" needs smothering with their blanky (unless they are four years old)

19 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

the phrase "chippy tea" is of the same gratingly childish ilk as the use of defining what period of time remains before a given event by the number of "sleeps"

anyone who has "three sleeps until my next chippy tea" needs smothering with their blanky (unless they are four years old)

Get them in the fryer. Had a chippy tea on Tuesday BTW. Fish supper, some bread and butter and a fried half pizza. 

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I suspect at its heart is the fact the party that does what most people in England want (getting rid of the muslims, making the lives of poor people worse) is also packed to the gunwhales with people who want to dismantle the NHS because of their own financial interests/because it hurts their soul to imagine someone on 12k a year could get cancer treatment for free.

The focus on the NHS I think is because these people have to constantly remind the conservatives that they only want the racism bits and would like the NHS to stay as it is.

I think you've largely nailed it, I would only add that there is a perception that very little in the UK works, or works well in comparison to every other country and that in 75 years of decline, incompetence and general failure of the British state to achieve much of any note, the only generally held exceptions to that are the NHS and the Armed Forces. It's why the country's unofficial, slightly pleading motto is "Punching above our weight"

Edited by renton

On 22/05/2020 at 10:15, Herman Hessian said:

“I think he’s on to us” Gerry whispered to Kate as they finished of the remains of their fish supper. “He’ll have to go”

On 22/05/2020 at 11:05, MixuFixit said:

Can't remember who said it but there's apparently a big demographic who would vote for a 'protect the NHS, bring back hanging' party.

The only way bringing back hanging would help protect the NHS would be if they were marching Tory voters to the gallows, but I doubt that's what they'd have in mind.

Ignoring the use of the word tea instead of dinner, who uses either when talking about a chippy? It’s just a chippy. Also what kind of adult plans 3 days in advance for their chippy? If you want a chippy for dinner then you have a chippy, you’re no a child.

Dominic Cummings was well within his rights to find childcare 250 miles away from his home when he might have had Coronavirus.

Unpopular and incorrect opinions for this.
He didn’t get childcare. The kids stayed with him and his wife, in isolation, in a property at his folks. His sister in law stays in London and presumably could have helped with childcare.

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Battered pizza popular in Perth. I had one on Saturday, tremendous as always.

That's worrying far north east. I hope they're not migrating. 

I don't reacall ever seeing a fried pizza in Aberdeen and only fried without batter in Embra. I haven't been in a chip shop in Scotland for many years though so maybe the regional variation has gone. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That's worrying far north east. I hope they're not migrating. 

I don't reacall ever seeing a fried pizza in Aberdeen and only fried without batter in Embra. I haven't been in a chip shop in Scotland for many years though so maybe the regional variation has gone. 

There was one place I can recall that did fried pizza. On Bath Street, not far round the corner from Korova. 

3 hours ago, stuart87 said:

Dominic Cummings was well within his rights to find childcare 250 miles away from his home when he might have had Coronavirus.

Wrong thread m9.

Either ‘I’m taking the piss’ thread or ‘I’m a complete cùnt’ thread.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Savages. I bet you got buckfast and stabbing in there too. 

Highly possible. Wasn't there that often but they definitely did it. Can't remember if any of the chippys around Belmont Street did it too. Also possible stabbings there for sure. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Highly possible. Wasn't there that often but they definitely did it. Can't remember if any of the chippys around Belmont Street did it too. Also possible stabbings there for sure. 

There were some hives of villainy there right enough. Ps : when in Rome..

It's chipper