Unpopular opinions.

I've had big and wee dugs and tbh the wee dugs ( westies and jack Russell's) were just as (maybe more) hardy than the labs and shepherds.  Size isn't everything guys.

Any time you want to set up a Jack Russell v. Labrador fight to the death, let me know. It won't end well for the one which could be confused for a squeaky toy.

Those squirrels I mentioned? They wind next door's Lhasa Apsos up continually. He has six of the little hairballs, and they never shut the fùck up. The tree rats know exactly how much risk they pose: absolutely f**k all.

7 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Any time you want to set up a Jack Russell v. Labrador fight to the death, let me know. It won't end well for the one which could be confused for a squeaky toy.

Those squirrels I mentioned? They wind next door's Lhasa Apsos up continually. He has six of the little hairballs, and they never shut the fùck up. The tree rats know exactly how much risk they pose: absolutely f**k all.

Squirrels are kunts with all dugs tbf, mine still try to catch them and everything else that moves.

11 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

As loathe as I am to stick up for small dogs, I wouldn't be confident of sticking money on the Lab in that fight - Jack Russells go straight for the throat and don't stop until their opponent is dead. 

16 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Getting bubblegum in your mix up is a total waste of a valuable few pence.

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mix up? Is that a bag of sweets aye? I've only ever heard that called a Mixture.

Let the regional definition arguments commence.

My work colleagues from Edinburgh/Fife all call it a Pick and Mix

1887581217_giphy-2020-02-13T083225_125.gif.ad314c9ac1428f1028fdc47a80d04d27.gif

A Jack Russell nearly blinded an ex of mine, by biting her repeatedly at the top of her nose/upper cheek when it got startled by people cheering the Hogmanay bells on the telly and in the living room. They are little c***s, and Labs being the dozy, docile sweethearts they are, I wouldn’t bet on them in a fight.

20 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

A Jack Russell nearly blinded an ex of mine, by biting her repeatedly at the top of her nose/upper cheek when it got startled by people cheering the Hogmanay bells on the telly and in the living room. They are little c***s, and Labs being the dozy, docile sweethearts they are, I wouldn’t bet on them in a fight.

Did you go out with a Labrador?

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not really true though. I've been to the shop around the corner and came back 10 minutes later and the dog greets me as if she hasn't seen me in years.

They are definitely loyal, loving animals. Cats go where they are fed. My mum's neighbour seems to feed every fucking cat in the street and genuinely believes they come to her because they like her. It's because she leaves food on her doorstep every day the crazy bitch.

But your dog doesn’t know how long you are going to be gone for, whether it’s 10 minutes or 10 days. It is still worried that you aren’t coming back and it’s being abandoned so is happy when you come back. I’m not doubting that they are loyal and loving animals, I just think a lot of dog owners overestimate the strength of their relationships with their pets. 

But your dog doesn’t know how long you are going to be gone for, whether it’s 10 minutes or 10 days. It is still worried that you aren’t coming back and it’s being abandoned so is happy when you come back. I’m not doubting that they are loyal and loving animals, I just think a lot of dog owners overestimate the strength of their relationships with their pets. 

I’m not sure what your point is now.

So they are loving and loyal but it’s not the same as human relationships?

I think most people can work that out.

43 minutes ago, throbber said:

Depends with the right training, When I was younger my family had weimaraners and dobermanns and they wouldnt go apeshit when whoever came home first. Dogs are not stupid and if left alone as much as possible as early as possible then they will be used to it, amd will know that every time they are left alone they know they are not being abandoned. Too many owners make a big fus when leaving their dogs for the day which probably just makes it worse for the dog as uou are showin it all this affection then you are leaving it., Its best just to leave the house with a little pet or just straightup piss off out the door

Dog social psychology is more higherarchical than ours. 

Dogs treat their owners as a dominant member of the pack. At the risk of anthropomorphism, that relationship is akin to one of love and respect.

However, it is not mutual in the same way that love and respect from a fellow human more often is, or at least should be. 

Dog owners effectively exploit the social psychology of lower animals to receive that unconditional love/respect-like emotion.  For the vast majority of dog owners who treat their dogs well and love them, it probably feels like a reciprocal relationship.

But the dog doesn't love you because you love it, it would love you the same if you kicked it and fed it gruel. Because dogs have no self respect. 

Cats however are evil geniuses. I am comfortable with the mutual suspicion and distrust between me and the cat that lives at my house.