Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, Oleksandr said:

Dogs are wee p***ks

I'd say wee dogs are p***ks and have that small dog syndrome and yap at everything. I was brought up with guard dogs and gun dogs so any dog from a spanial upwards are great. The pappilions, bichon frise and chihuahua's of the worlds can gtf

26 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

I'd say wee dogs are p***ks and have that small dog syndrome and yap at everything. I was brought up with guard dogs and gun dogs so any dog from a spanial upwards are great. The pappilions, bichon frise and chihuahua's of the worlds can gtf

Dogs are the baws!

6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Wee yappy dogs aren't really dogs, to be fair. I'm not exactly sure what they are (although I have a few ideas) but they shouldn't be allowed to use the noble name of "dog'.

Inbred evolutionary dead ends works for me. My Casper (Lab/Cocker cross) would survive on his own (once he's defeated his nemesis - his own tail) as would yer average Shepherd, Retreiver, etc.  Dump one of these little cúnts out of their natural environment (normally a fucking handbag or the like), and the squirrels round here would fúck them up in minutes.

I like dogs but some people take their fondness for them way too far and are kidding themselves if they believe that the feeling of love is mutual. The reason your dog is happy to see you when you get in from work is because it’s been sat around bored for 8+ hours and wants to do something, it’s not because the dog loves you or even remotely likes you for who you are.

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

I like dogs but some people take their fondness for them way too far and are kidding themselves if they believe that the feeling of love is mutual. The reason your dog is happy to see you when you get in from work is because it’s been sat around bored for 8+ hours and wants to do something, it’s not because the dog loves you or even remotely likes you for who you are.

Fundamentally unlikeable ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dogs love getting fed, if you feed them they'll like you for selfish reasons. Gullible fools
You're getting them mixed up with cats. Cats will go where they get fed. Dogs would stay by your side even if you neglected it.

Dogs > Cats

I haven’t said anything bad about dogs, just peoples attitudes towards them.

I think you’re trying to be too clever on this one anyway.

They are obviously motivated by food a lot etc but they 100% get attached to people beyond ‘this is someone that feeds me’.

I haven’t said anything bad about dogs, just peoples attitudes towards them.

It's not really true though. I've been to the shop around the corner and came back 10 minutes later and the dog greets me as if she hasn't seen me in years.

They are definitely loyal, loving animals. Cats go where they are fed. My mum's neighbour seems to feed every fucking cat in the street and genuinely believes they come to her because they like her. It's because she leaves food on her doorstep every day the crazy bitch.

14 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Wee yappy dogs aren't really dogs, to be fair. I'm not exactly sure what they are (although I have a few ideas) but they shouldn't be allowed to use the noble name of "dog'.

7 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Inbred evolutionary dead ends works for me. My Casper (Lab/Cocker cross) would survive on his own (once he's defeated his nemesis - his own tail) as would yer average Shepherd, Retreiver, etc.  Dump one of these little cúnts out of their natural environment (normally a fucking handbag or the like), and the squirrels round here would fúck them up in minutes.

I've had big and wee dugs and tbh the wee dugs ( westies and jack Russell's) were just as (maybe more) hardy than the labs and shepherds.  Size isn't everything guys.