Unpopular opinions.

48 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you taken medical advise on it? This would suggest there's no proven link and it could be harmful.

https://www.healthline.com/health/cancer/alkaline-water-cancer

Yeh. I was aware of the potential to neutralise the stomach acids. One of the benefits of being married to a doctor. 

Drinking too much water in one sitting, regardless of PH isn't good for you either. Your body is more suited to constant sipping as opposed to large gulps. It's the same principle for eating too.

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

You’ll probably find that many bottled water products are in fact just mains water which has been bottled.

I was talking to a guy the other week who works in a bottled water factory who said that if it doesn't say 'spring water' on the label then it's more than likely just tap water. 

2 hours ago, throbber said:

You do know that you need water to survive don’t you? 3 days without any water and you are deid.

I probably haven’t drank any water for months. Don’t even like diluting juice.

I’m rotting my insides with Diet Coke but at least it’s caffeine free!

I probably don’t drink enough. I’ll go breakfast to 4pm often not having a drink.

I increased my water consumption earlier last year, apart from pissing every 20mins I can’t say I noticed any other difference.

Edited by RH33

I worked with a South African guy, who told us how he wouldn't drink water because fish have sex in it.

He survived on coca cola, rum, rum and coke and cigarettes. Unsurprisingly he looked like he'd keel over dead at any minute, but I pictured it like the episode of the Simpsons with all Mr Burns infections trying to get through the door at the same time.

Apparently it's common to develop a caffeine allergy, which causes your bladder to spasm and for you to piss yourself without needing to repel unwanted female attention.

According to a mate.