Unpopular opinions.

Tap water does not taste the same as bottled water (it's worse) and there is nothing wrong with buying the latter.

Depends on the circumstance - I don’t mind paying 20p for a 2 litre bottle of water at a supermarket but it gets a bit annoying when you pay £2 for 500 ml of it at a WH Smith near a train station. Also at nights clubs and festivals etc when people can easily get dehydrated and aren’t allowed to take their own bottles in with them then it’s not on either.

50 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

Tap water does not taste the same as bottled water (it's worse) and there is nothing wrong with buying the latter.

Domestic tap water is subject to far more stringent testing than bottled water and is less likely to contain any nasty things.

36 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

Domestic tap water is subject to far more stringent testing than bottled water and is less likely to contain any nasty things.

Still tastes like shite tho, unless its Highland. 

If you ever wonder who the person in the supermarket that actually buys the massive multipacks of bottled water, it's me. Spend a ridiculous amount of money on the stuff and don't even care. 

The hierarchy of water is thus: 

Highland tap water 

Any bottled water except Buxton water

Buxton water 

Central belt tap water

Raw sewage

London tap water 

46 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

Still tastes like shite tho, unless its Highland. 

If you ever wonder who the person in the supermarket that actually buys the massive multipacks of bottled water, it's me. Spend a ridiculous amount of money on the stuff and don't even care. 

The hierarchy of water is thus: 

Highland tap water 

Any bottled water except Buxton water

Buxton water 

Central belt tap water

Raw sewage

London tap water 

Strathmore bottled water is very very rank.

1 hour ago, Futureboy said:

Only if the stringent testing is carried out and your greedy b*****d landlord isn't cutting corners.

Sorry... the scars run deep.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Only if the stringent testing is carried out and your greedy b*****d landlord isn't cutting corners.

Sorry... the scars run deep.

Aye, nobody tests the water after it leaves the mains.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Private, well fed supply, is meant to tested yearly for a supply of under 50 homes and 6 monthly for 50 homes and over.

Never had anyone testing the water coming from my taps was what I meant. Must be loads of houses with shitty old pipes.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Never had anyone testing the water coming from my taps was what I meant. Must be loads of houses with shitty old pipes.

Ahhh, I get you, sorry thought you were being sarcastic and having a dig!

You do have quite a valid point for iron in the water from old pipes.

I remember Coca Cola got some PR trouble after admitting that their branded "spring water" of the time was bottled straight from the tap in their factory near London. They did something similar on Only Fools and Horses, Eau de Peckham or something.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I remember Coca Cola got some PR trouble after admitting that their branded "spring water" of the time was bottled straight from the tap in their factory near London. They did something similar on Only Fools and Horses, Eau de Peckham or something.

Dasani.