Unpopular opinions.

@D.A.F.C I see the above, and feel like I should point out that I wasn't trying to be out of line when I got involved, I was however pointing out that I thought you were out of line on this subject. I agree that you shouldn't stop posting. No one wants an echo chamber on here, it wasn't personal nor will I use it a a stick to beat you with elsewhere. Just draw a line under it and try to figure out the best way to use this forum as a healthy outlet. All the best you fife c**t.

10 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
11 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just to be clear, being a Tory does make you an arsehole.

I know, we have already been through this. My voting intentions this time round have actually changed, due to a conversation with the current MP in this constituency. His stance on leaving the EU has been quite spectacularly misrepresented & now I have listened to his explanation I will be voting for him instead due to his excellent track record on doing his best to help his local area.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

What party is this?

Labour, ("respect the vote" rebel brexiteer, voted remain Justin Madders). Nap. Amarite?

8 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

This is what I'm trying to say.
Btw I've never abused any woman in public ever for the way they looked or their weight but I have experienced overweight women abuse me for looking a certain way.
One was very recently and lead to this post. I wasnt even trying to impress them or chat them up etc. It was a bit uncalled for and as per usual I'm very sensitive due to work situation. Self esteem issues I guess. If you think this makes me a fanny then that's ok.
All I know is my life has been a total mess for years and I've been externalising it by being perma raging about stuff on forums.
I did see the help that da got on here and opened up about work but got zero help and told it was my fault or inventing it.
I think it's a good idea to stop posting on here for all concerned.

Nah.  Keep posting.  P&B can be a tough gig but, equally, you'll find lots of supportive blokes who'll be very sympathetic when you need it.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

@D.A.F.C I see the above, and feel like I should point out that I wasn't trying to be out of line when I got involved, I was however pointing out that I thought you were out of line on this subject. I agree that you shouldn't stop posting. No one wants an echo chamber on here, it wasn't personal nor will I use it a a stick to beat you with elsewhere. Just draw a line under it and try to figure out the best way to use this forum as a healthy outlet. All the best you fife c**t.

I agree with everything you say. I don’t know why I lash out with daft stuff on here and expect a good reaction. 
I must come across as a fanny and reactionary but sometimes when you’re cornered and don’t know what to do you lash out maybe?

Dont think I’ve intentionally hurt or upset anyone and tbh the way this forum is controlled and moderated is great and haven’t ever felt unfairly treated. Even when I’m constantly repeating the same thing about work someone tries to provide a solution.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I agree with everything you say. I don’t know why I lash out with daft stuff on here and expect a good reaction. 
I must come across as a fanny and reactionary but sometimes when you’re cornered and don’t know what to do you lash out maybe?

Dont think I’ve intentionally hurt or upset anyone and tbh the way this forum is controlled and moderated is great and haven’t ever felt unfairly treated. Even when I’m constantly repeating the same thing about work someone tries to provide a solution.

Well then. As you were mucker.

Good man. Do post more in the depression thread, everyone in there will offer decent advice if they can.

I don’t think Boris Johnson and the Tories are going to sell off the NHS and give us a US style healthcare system. I’m not saying they are any good or that I’m going to vote for them but I think the rhetoric on it has become a bit over egged.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think Boris Johnson and the Tories are going to sell off the NHS and give us a US style healthcare system. I’m not saying they are any good or that I’m going to vote for them but I think the rhetoric on it has become a bit over egged.

I am a Nigerian Prince and need a UK bank account to keep my fortune in for a large fee. Please send your details. 

Guest Moomintroll
Labour, ("respect the vote" rebel brexiteer, voted remain Justin Madders). Nap. Amarite?
Yes, I have listened to his reasoning & I agree with his stance. He believes that we must & will leave but it cannot be under No Deal circumstances or a rush job which is why he has voted like he has in Parliament. His Constituency voted to leave so he respects that is the will, he is a very goid local MP & I suspect he really does not like those currently in charge of the party.

What is it that the tories have said or done that has you thinking they won’t?
To me, they’ve made it pretty clear that there’s thinking and given their links to private healthcare companies set to cash in it would make sense for them to.

Sticking with the politics theme. Corbyn actually comes across as a decent guy. I'm not a Labour voter but you've got to wonder about the power of the Tory media machine that they have managed to vilify someone to the extent that a left-leaning individual is surprised that he doesn't appear like a crazy Marxist when you look at him objectively.

I'm still unconvinced about this supposed rampant anti-semitism as well...

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think that is exactly what they will do.  It'll just be out of the headlines, bit by bit, quietly.... but definitely.

49 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Sticking with the politics theme. Corbyn actually comes across as a decent guy. I'm not a Labour voter but you've got to wonder about the power of the Tory media machine that they have managed to vilify someone to the extent that a left-leaning individual is surprised that he doesn't appear like a crazy Marxist when you look at him objectively.

I'm still unconvinced about this supposed rampant anti-semitism as well...

He is a decent guy.  He's spent his parliamentary life holding his own party to account, as well as the Tories.

And he's spent his working life fighting injustices.  

This is what scares the Tories, their backers in the media, and also those in his own party  who just know how to put on their slick , smiley faces.

Unpopular opinion amongst my group of pals certainly, but I think so many well meaning (and not so well meaning) people are obsessed with seeing political discourse through the social media tit for tat bubble, and completely neglect the day to day, real life stuff.

I’ve hopefully managed to turn a couple of family round to voting SNP just by understanding their priorities/concerns and suggesting why I think voting my way would benefit them.

Not enough people taking the time to put their phones down, engage with friends and family who are undecided/apathetic and have proper conversations.

In my experience, as much as these things can be discussed, your average man/woman turns off when people start banging on about fascists, media conspiracies etc.

One of the big reasons it’s not going to go well next week, IMO.

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

20191204_083826.jpg

Unpopular opinion amongst my group of pals certainly, but I think so many well meaning (and not so well meaning) people are obsessed with seeing political discourse through the social media tit for tat bubble, and completely neglect the day to day, real life stuff.

I’ve hopefully managed to turn a couple of family round to voting SNP just by understanding their priorities/concerns and suggesting why I think voting my way would benefit them.

Not enough people taking the time to put their phones down, engage with friends and family who are undecided/apathetic and have proper conversations.

In my experience, as much as these things can be discussed, your average man/woman turns off when people start banging on about fascists, media conspiracies etc.

One of the big reasons it’s not going to go well next week, IMO.
I just don't discuss politics with people anymore. Mainly because it's never usually a discussion/debate it's "I'm SNP, vote for them" or "f**k the SNP".

The worst thing about Scotland's inevitable IndyRef2 is that we'll have to suffer the utter shite that comes from both sides again.

16 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I read something about this which was claiming they would sell the NHS but would do it very slowly and systematically meaning you wouldn't really notice until it was to late to stop it, wish I could remember where i found it but that is certainly what I believe they'll do now if given the chance.