Unpopular opinions.

Guest Moomintroll

I have no issue with it being pointed out he was wrong, because of course he was.
But predictably some posters can’t wait to stick the boot in.
I see a guy potentially struggling with something and he’s either created or been fed a false narrative to apportion blame. That doesn’t make him an arsehole. He’s put it in the unpopular opinions thread for a start.
Yet some diddies can’t wait to go down the ‘incel’ route.

I have no issue with it being pointed out he was wrong, because of course he was.
But predictably some posters can’t wait to stick the boot in.
I see a guy potentially struggling with something and he’s either created or been fed a false narrative to apportion blame. That doesn’t make him an arsehole. He’s put it in the unpopular opinions thread for a start.
Yet some diddies can’t wait to go down the ‘incel’ route.

I know, hence why I hope he goes down the mea culpa route today. As I said, we all f**k up at times, best to acknowledge it & move on.

Guest Moomintroll

Just to be clear, being a Tory does make you an arsehole.
I know, we have already been through this. My voting intentions this time round have actually changed, due to a conversation with the current MP in this constituency. His stance on leaving the EU has been quite spectacularly misrepresented & now I have listened to his explanation I will be voting for him instead due to his excellent track record on doing his best to help his local area.

I think DAFC's point is that obese women saying "it's okay to be large, overweight and a burden on society" is actually wrong and people should be encouraged to live healthier lives, not be fat slappers.
It's such a difficult one though.

Fat shaming folk is incredibly ineffective. I reckon a very small percentage of folk react to a negative comment in a positive way.

For a lot of folk (maybe most folk) it only makes them less likely to lose weight.

Fat shaming folk is incredibly ineffective. I reckon a very small percentage of folk react to a negative comment in a positive way.

For a lot of folk (maybe most folk) it only makes them less likely to lose weight.

It is difficult. Fat shaming is clearly unhelpful. That doesn’t mean people should accept being fat.

The reality is people need to be honest enough with themselves that they are overweight and it’s bad but measured enough to know that it’s a problem that can be solved and it isn’t the end of the world.

Personally don't mind a bit of extra to play with.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I think DAFC's point is that obese women saying "it's okay to be large, overweight and a burden on society" is actually wrong and people should be encouraged to live healthier lives, not be fat slappers.

I got the impression that he thought they shouldn't wear makeup or nice clothes, and either stay indoors or put a paper bag over their heads. Or maybe a burqa.

It is difficult. Fat shaming is clearly unhelpful. That doesn’t mean people should accept being fat.

The reality is people need to be honest enough with themselves that they are overweight and it’s bad but measured enough to know that it’s a problem that can be solved and it isn’t the end of the world.
Surely they can accept being fat? If they arent happy about it then yeah stop moaning and do something about it , but dosnt give people a right to slag someone off for being fat.
I know I'm underweight ( under 9 n half stone ) and according to my height n weight I should be around 10 , however I am okay with my weight , I know if I want to do something about it then I will.

I got the impression that he thought they shouldn't wear makeup or nice clothes, and either stay indoors or put a paper bag over their heads. Or maybe a burqa.
This is correct , and I reckon he just dosnt like fat chicks ( chubby chaser ) , you can tell that was a post to take some sort of offense

Surely they can accept being fat? If they arent happy about it then yeah stop moaning and do something about it , but dosnt give people a right to slag someone off for being fat.
I know I'm underweight ( under 9 n half stone ) and according to my height n weight I should be around 10 , however I am okay with my weight , I know if I want to do something about it then I will.

Depends what you mean by fat. If we’re talking a bit chubby then yeah I agree. If we’re talking actually risk to your health levels then not so much.
Ultimately though it’s up to the individual. Whether or not someone accepts their weight it’s never helpful to actively abuse someone for being fat.

Depends what you mean by fat. If we’re talking a bit chubby then yeah I agree. If we’re talking actually risk to your health levels then not so much.

Ultimately though it’s up to the individual. Whether or not someone accepts their weight it’s never helpful to actively abuse someone for being fat.

I reckon DAFC did a pretty good job of that.

He has made real offence to fat chicks. One post I can understand ( unpopular opinion here we are) but he carried this on to then get some digs in.

He is a fanny. ( wrong thread probably a popular opinion )

I thought DAFC had a good point, that men are feeling increasingly pressured about their appearance, and shouldn't be. 

He also had a shit point, that women have it easier. 

Personally, as a fat b*****d currently losing weight I find the availability of trousers is more of a deciding factor than what other folk think.