Unpopular opinions.

Ok so I've made a bit of an arse of it but as a wider topic why is it ok for men to be held to almost impossible standards but women are encouraged to be different sizes and still beautiful?

Acceptable, rightly or wrongly, attractive shape for women simply involves a healthy diet and using products or items of clothing to disguise flaws. If men dye hair or take care of themselves they are labelled effeminate or conceited.
If they're not ripped or look like a superhero its not an ideal body shape.
Recently a poster on here felt terrible after being body shamed by other guys.
My long rambling point is basically that guys are held to a much higher standard than women and are also shamed much more often and possibly this explains the higher suicide rates.
Can you imagine women shouting abuse at another women in the street about a body shape?
Nope doesnt happen.
Men held to a higher standard? Are you having a laugh? Do you not see the papers, celebrity culture, magazines, social media etc putting pressure on women re body shape?

You are on absolute lunatic territory here if you think men are under more pressure re physical appearance than women.

Men held to a higher standard? Are you having a laugh? Do you not see the papers, celebrity culture, magazines, social media etc putting pressure on women re body shape?

You are on absolute lunatic territory here if you think men are under more pressure re physical appearance than women.

How do you feel about pressure on your height?

In recent years yes. It's not talked about but its definitely a thing. All the things you mention show men in the same light.
I suppose when you look at sky sports news or news broadcasts you see blatant body sexism that makes certain body types acceptable for women vs men but its definitely getting to be an issue for men but its dismissed by some.

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

In recent years yes. It's not talked about but its definitely a thing. All the things you mention show men in the same light.
I suppose when you look at sky sports news or news broadcasts you see blatant body sexism that makes certain body types acceptable for women vs men but its definitely getting to be an issue for men but its dismissed by some.

What planet are you on?

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

Two attacks on the same bridge right before a snap election both times within two years, What are the chances of that eh?

Quite high, given how many stabbings there have been in London in the last couple of years. And that stabby man was at a meeting right next to the bridge.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

BigFatTabbyDave.... Bairnardo is waging the standard war against the onset of middle age spread.... Some days are better than other. Overall though, I think I could take everyone on the forum which is the nost important thing.

Never doubted it for a second, bbz. That extra padding will stand you in good stead against the final boss, Shandon Par.

2 hours ago, Jamaldo said:

I'd think I'd get banned for some of my unpopular opinions if I put them on here.

False flag insanity is still better than the kind of prejudicial hatred I figured would follow that, so you're still ahead of the game.

I've just caught up with this thread this evening...

[emoji15]

There's no doubt that over the last 10-15 years young men have become embroiled in the body image nonsense that women have had to deal with since (checks watch) the beginning of time.

And the increased suicide thing is definitely something that requires some serious action.

But....Jesus f**k dafc.

3 hours ago, Jamaldo said:

Two attacks on the same bridge right before a snap election both times within two years, What are the chances of that eh?

How do you fake an attack on one of the busiest bridges in London? Just close it off to the tourists and the public generally without anyone noticing?

10 hours ago, Jamaldo said:

f**k it, I'm going to fire in with one and to hell with the consequences:

The London Bridge attack didn't actually happen and is just another government conspiracy to gain support for anti-immigration policies and Brexit. There is no Usman Khan and nobody died. It happened right before this election, just like in 2017. Coincidence? No.

19 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Video doing the rounds of the guy (presumably? :lol: ) who was shot sitting up after the bridge was evacuated. Tin foil hatters will love this.

ETA the video:

@Jamaldo

IT WAS THE UNDERTAKER ALL ALONG! 

brock lesnar wwe GIF

Guest Moomintroll
DAFC was wrong on this but the reaction to what he said was poor.
I am not the type to go hounding people on here, as I hope you know, but that was a terrible post. Hopefully he reflects on it and comes on with a retraction at some point today, we can all make utter clusterfucks of posts at times, just be self aware enough to realise it and hold your hands up.

I am not the type to go hounding people on here, as I hope you know, but that was a terrible post. Hopefully he reflects on it and comes on with a retraction at some point today, we can all make utter clusterfucks of posts at times, just be self aware enough to realise it and hold your hands up.

I have no issue with it being pointed out he was wrong, because of course he was.
But predictably some posters can’t wait to stick the boot in.
I see a guy potentially struggling with something and he’s either created or been fed a false narrative to apportion blame. That doesn’t make him an arsehole. He’s put it in the unpopular opinions thread for a start.
Yet some diddies can’t wait to go down the ‘incel’ route.