Unpopular opinions.

Is it not that the release of the advert sort of signifies the start of the Christmas season rather than the advert itself?

Does the christmas season not start about a week after the football one does? Or does it just feel it? It has become a strange tradition that wasn’t there when i were a lad. Seems to get unnecessary hype. I’m maybe just getting miserable in my old age.

15 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Does the christmas season not start about a week after the football one does? Or does it just feel it? It has become a strange tradition that wasn’t there when i were a lad. Seems to get unnecessary hype. I’m maybe just getting miserable in my old age.

In retail, Christmas stock is sent out at the end of July for a gradual build-up starting in August.

They do it because there's a substantial portion of the populace who go apeshit for Christmas stuff at the end of summer. These people live among us, and we have no way of detecting who they are. Be afraid.

Cold weather is better than hot for seeing attractive girls in nice clothes out and about.
I think you're supposed to be more interested in the girl, rather than the fabulous designer fleece she's hiding under.

Sorry to drag the Politics a Thread out again but - as an Unpopular Opinion as I expect it may be - I fully enjoy the contributions of@Malky3@oaksoft@Moomintroll and @Pet Jeden among others in there. Their persistence in the face of (another posters term) - the white noise of - political dogma is to be applauded.

However. Without dissenting voices to the majority we are all doomed. Hound them at your peril.

8 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Sorry to drag the Politics a Thread out again but - as an Unpopular Opinion as I expect it may be - I fully enjoy the contributions of@Malky3@oaksoft@Moomintroll and @Pet Jeden among others in there. Their persistence in the face of (another posters term) - the white noise of - political dogma is to be applauded.

However. Without dissenting voices to the majority we are all doomed. Hound them at your peril.

@Moomintroll is amiable and open minded, @Pat Jeden is undogmatic and sometimes funny though has some weird grudges going on. @Malky3 and @oaksoft are continual snarly chihuahuas on a spamming loop who make conversation impossible. On the rare times they venture out of what is rapidly becoming the politics ghetto, mainly due to their input, into normal people's threads, they get a swift telling and scurry on back.

Moomintroll is so surreptitious no one knew he was a Tory until two weeks ago (and I don't think he posts in the politics board anyway), Pet Jeden is a bit weird even for a yam, Malky is one of the worst trolls I've ever seen and oaksoft is the angriest, least self-aware man alive

If differing voices posted on the politics board with anything worthwhile to say there wouldn't be a problem