Unpopular opinions.

Contact doesn't automatically mean a foul.

It's very easy to tell when someone has dived and every single time someone does it should be a red card.

Edited by DA Baracus

6 hours ago, Snafu said:

This messing about with time is complete BS, we gain an hour, we lose an hour.

But I guess its a British Empire thing where we have to control everything.

It's Dr Who's fault, the Gallifreyan cnut

13 hours ago, Snafu said:

This messing about with time is complete BS, we gain an hour, we lose an hour.

But I guess its a British Empire thing where we have to control everything.

You gain daylight. Farmers love it. 

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

How come we can't just keep the same time and fermers all agree to get up an hour earlier instead?

It's because when they then have to stay in bed an hour longer in the spring, cow's udders would explode. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Third place playoff games are frequently more fun to watch than finals

Yup. It's because there's absolutely no pressure on the teams and they're free to relax and take risks they wouldn't do in a final.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Granit Xhaka's reaction to the Arsenal fans was entirely justified, and if the club don't back him to the hilt it'll be a disgrace.

Think Xhaka can react however he likes and it shows he cares, but deliberately walking off the pitch slowly to wind up the fans in a game you're desperately chasing a win is shocking behaviour from a captain or indeed any player. 

On 27/10/2019 at 03:30, Dee Man said:

Rugby is shite (not the unpopular opinion) and I couldn't give a monkey's about it but I'm glad England won today (the unpopular opinion).

I work with a few Kiwis and the constant arrogance and sense of entitlement when they talk about the All Blacks would put England football commentators and Celtic fans to shame. 

I work with two English guys who are into rugby and despite my best attempts to encourage them, are not interested in lording it over the Kiwis even though they would be absolutely insufferable if it was the other way around. 

What's the point in winning against all the odds if you can't get it right up your opponents?

Today is the first time I've seen the Kiwi boys since their loss and it's safe to say one in particular has not taken it well at all. The guy is acting completely erratically and totally out of character by going from someone who is always laughing to someone who is now repeatedly flying off the handle at the slightest thing. It's actually quite bizarre to witness such a dramatic personality shift in someone. I genuinely think if one of the England rugby fans in my work could achieve Hibs level goading skills then we could be witnessing a breakdown of some sort. 

As entertaining as it is, I'm hoping it's just temporary as Iiving with histrionics like this at home once a month is plenty without having to put up with it at work as well.

Doesn't sound too dissimilar to me after a bad afternoon at Palmerston tbh. Last Saturday after the United game I couldn't believe how cheery I was for the rest of the evening. It's annoying and pretty sad that the result of a football match has such a bearing on my mood, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't.

Doesn't sound too dissimilar to me after a bar afternoon at Palmerston tbh. Last Saturday after the United game I couldn't believe how cheery I was for the rest of the evening. It's annoying and pretty sad that the result of a football match has such a bearing on my mood, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't.
Life's all about contrast. If you didn't hurt at the lows you wouldn't rejoice at the highs.