Unpopular opinions.

Unpopular opinion: it's perfectly acceptable for musicians, and people of other professions, to do things just for the money.
This is a good shout for a Calling Cards of Morons entry actually. EVERY musician/s performs for the money. No musician in the world does it just because. If it wasn't for money they'd only charge punters a ticket price to cover costs of the venue.

Elton John and Spice Girls being the most recent ones I can think of. Folk commenting "they're only doing it for the money" **Insert Nicolas Cage meme here**

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This is a good shout for a Calling Cards of Morons entry actually. EVERY musician/s performs for the money. No musician in the world does it just because. If it wasn't for money they'd only charge punters a ticket price to cover costs of the venue.

Elton John and Spice Girls being the most recent ones I can think of. Folk commenting "they're only doing it for the money" **Insert Nicolas Cage meme here**

Not entirely true. There's a big underground UK hip hop scene where the artists know they'll never make a penny from it but do it for the love of their craft. It's a hobby more than anything and I for one am grateful to these gentlemen. 

There'll be plenty of performers of all sorts, not just musicians, who do it because they enjoy doing it.

I tend to think that ones who do it for money ALSO do it for enjoyment. They have every right to want to make money using the talents that they have. That doesn't mean that they don't do it because they enjoy it.

Not entirely true. There's a big underground UK hip hop scene where the artists know they'll never make a penny from it but do it for the love of their craft. It's a hobby more than anything and I for one am grateful to these gentlemen. 

I suppose I jumped in two feet first there. Yeah I imagine the underground scene isn't exactly lucrative. It was more in comparison to other mainstream performers. When group/bands have a reunion there's always that "they are only do it for the money" pish. As if the current mainstream musicians these people are listening to aren't in it for the money.

There'll be plenty of performers of all sorts, not just musicians, who do it because they enjoy doing it.
I tend to think that ones who do it for money ALSO do it for enjoyment. They have every right to want to make money using the talents that they have. That doesn't mean that they don't do it because they enjoy it.

I've no doubt they enjoy it. I don't think you could do a world tour and not enjoy at least some parts of it.

You can’t really compare Elton Johns latest tour to the Spice Girls.

Elton John has been touring the world performing for the best part of 60 years amassing a phenomenal personal fortune. He’s decided to call it a day by embarking on a mammoth 3 year farewell tour. It’s been estimated he’ll earn the best part of £250 million for his 300 date tour, but he’s also doing it as his farewell to music.

The Spice Girls are skint and got back together because Mel B is bankrupt.

This has been around for a while and its a gem. Could be serious could be satire, what do you think?

Christians-Against-Dinosaurs-Footer-Logo-Retina.png&key=000176a18aca272dc6d32ae46dac100f060ddf2b2ae7362d9c3b0953c3e243a3   https://www.christiansagainstdinosaurs.com/   And yeah she posted on Mumsnet with her concerns and like P&B they have a gold section.

I'm getting sick and tired of dinosaurs being forced on our children

CADministry Fri 06-Feb-15 19:48:27 I'm really concerned about dinosaurs, and I think something needs to be done. The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?

Charles Darwin's later theory of evolution entirely disproved dinosaurs, yet the dinosaur lie was twisted and adapted to try to make it fit. Any proper look at the facts will reveal that dinosaurs simply never existed.

Aside from the educational aspect, dinosaurs are a very bad example for children. At my children's school, several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs), became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face. One poor girl has been left with a severely dented nose and the whole class was left traumatised by this horrible display.

Nothing about dinosaurs is suitable for children, from their total lack of family values through to their non-existence from any serious scientific point of view.

Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaurs toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children's former aunt.

Please, do what you can to get dinosaurs taken off the curriculum. Our school has been recently presented with a 214-signature petition, and following that and our recent protest the headmaster has said that he will take it the governors. We are lucky that he is so sympathetic to our cause, but I fear that others may not be.

If you would like to lend your support to our campaign, we have a Facebook group where we spread facts and research about the dinosaur myth. Hope to see you there! [emoji846]

I'd be more shocked if it wasn't real tbh. With people being offended by absolutely anything now, why wouldn't dinosaurs offend people?! Add in they are religious nuts then it really wouldn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

This has been around for a while and its a gem. Could be serious could be satire, what do you think?

Image result for christians against dinosaurs

And yeah she posted on Mumsnet with her concerns and like P&B they have a gold section.

CADministry Fri 06-Feb-15 19:48:27

I'm really concerned about dinosaurs, and I think something needs to be done. The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?

Charles Darwin's later theory of evolution entirely disproved dinosaurs, yet the dinosaur lie was twisted and adapted to try to make it fit. Any proper look at the facts will reveal that dinosaurs simply never existed.

Aside from the educational aspect, dinosaurs are a very bad example for children. At my children's school, several children were left in tears after one of their classmates (who had evidently been exposed to dinosaurs), became bestially-minded and ran around the classroom roaring and pretending to be a dinosaur. Then he bit three children on the face. One poor girl has been left with a severely dented nose and the whole class was left traumatised by this horrible display.

Nothing about dinosaurs is suitable for children, from their total lack of family values through to their non-existence from any serious scientific point of view.

Recently my sister foolishly gave my two youngest some dinosaurs toys for Christmas. After telling her to get out of my house I burnt the dinosaurs. My children were delighted because they know that dinosaurs are evil. I am fortunate that my family has been very supportive, and has disowned my children's former aunt.

Please, do what you can to get dinosaurs taken off the curriculum. Our school has been recently presented with a 214-signature petition, and following that and our recent protest the headmaster has said that he will take it the governors. We are lucky that he is so sympathetic to our cause, but I fear that others may not be.

If you would like to lend your support to our campaign, we have a Facebook group where we spread facts and research about the dinosaur myth. Hope to see you there! 🙂

Suck it up bitch.

E2F30F9B-1595-4AD4-9077-B6A841A21257.jpeg

Christians-Against-Dinosaurs-Footer-Logo-Retina.png&key=000176a18aca272dc6d32ae46dac100f060ddf2b2ae7362d9c3b0953c3e243a3   https://www.christiansagainstdinosaurs.com/   And yeah she posted on Mumsnet with her concerns and like P&B they have a gold section.

CADministry Fri 06-Feb-15 19:48:27 I'm really concerned about dinosaurs, and I think something needs to be done. The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?

If you would like to lend your support to our campaign, we have a Facebook group where we spread facts and research about the dinosaur myth. Hope to see you there! [emoji846]

She says she disowned her sister for giving her kids dinosaur toys as Christmas presents so I assume she's at the wind-up but it's quite well done. She pushes all the buttons that I imagine would get a lot of bites (but I haven't gone on mumsnet to find out).

Aye!FB_IMG_1502456776569.jpeg

7 hours ago, Snafu said:

And yeah she posted on Mumsnet with her concerns and like P&B they have a gold section.

I'm really concerned about dinosaurs, and I think something needs to be done. The science behind them is pretty flimsy, and I for one do not want my children being taught lies. Did you know that nobody had even heard of dinosaurs before the 1800s, when they were invented by curio-hungry Victorians?

If you would like to lend your support to our campaign, we have a Facebook group where we spread facts and research about the dinosaur myth. Hope to see you there! 🙂

I think she's provided evidence that dinosaurs still exist...

7 hours ago, Snafu said:

Wid