Unpopular opinions.

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The P&B collective opinion on the following subjects is dreadful nonsense and stupidly ill informed.

I get the impression you've been keeping all of this in a notebook for your return to P&B  :lol:

Do you have a John Major-style 'b*****ds' list? Please share, if so.

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Hibs are having a minutes applause fro Fernando Ricksen before today’s game. Why?

It seems to set a precedent of every Scottish club marking every players death. 

MND is a c**t of an illness and hopefully the good work to find a cure will prevail in the near future but I agree having a silence or applause seems a bit odd especially when we wouldn't if a former player sided of cancer, which is also a c**t of an illness

20 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I get the impression you've been keeping all of this in a notebook for your return to P&B  :lol:

Do you have a John Major-style 'b*****ds' list? Please share, if so.

You don't want to see it...

Fortnite is gimpish garbage for wee gimps who wear tight cheap looking Adidas tracky bottoms or cheap looking grey joggers, paired with ludicrously expensive chunky soled horrendous looking trainers, usually with no socks and often riding a shitty Halfords bike looking for attention as they continually pop a wheelie.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Fortnite is gimpish garbage for wee gimps who wear tight cheap looking Adidas tracky bottoms or cheap looking grey joggers, paired with ludicrously expensive chunky soled horrendous looking trainers, usually with no socks and often riding a shitty Halfords bike looking for attention as they continually pop a wheelie.

^^^Cannae dae a wheelie.

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Hibs are having a minutes applause fro Fernando Ricksen before today’s game. Why?

There was a minute's applause for Ricksen at Albion Rovers v Edinburgh City yesterday...

I do hope there was a minute's applause at Ibrox when Albion Rovers' goalie coach Michael Duke sadly passed away....  

Almond and soy milk and similar products are all absolute fads that are popular based on a lot of misinformation. 

I'm regularly surprised by the number of seemingly sensible folk who have fallen for the nonsense peddled around it.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Almond and soy milk and similar products are all absolute fads that are popular based on a lot of misinformation. 

I'm regularly surprised by the number of seemingly sensible folk who have fallen for the nonsense peddled around it.

What is the misinformation?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

That milk is bad for you and that loads of folk are lactose intolerant when it's only circa 10% of the population.

I was recommended to try them as an attempt to curb my eczema. 

It worked. Only soy milk was acceptable taste wise. 

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The main reasons that I have encountered for people drinking almond, soy, oat etc milk are that they are lactose intolerant or that they are vegan.  

Perfectly valid reasons but given the percentage of the population that are either (or in some cases both) of those things you wouldn't expect it to be so popular.

Some folk might prefer the taste as well, but given how widespread they are there's no doubt that they are a fad, especially when you read some of the nonsense people say about milk.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Perfectly valid reasons but given the percentage of the population that are either (or in some cases both) of those things you wouldn't expect it to be so popular.

Some folk might prefer the taste as well, but given how widespread they are there's no doubt that they are a fad, especially when you read some of the nonsense people say about milk.

Two thirds of human beings have some degree of lactose intolerance.  However, in Northern Europe it's much lower with around 5% of people suffering from lactose intolerance.  Around 1.1% of people are vegan, although that's really impossible to estimate.

People who have digestive problems or Irritable Bowel Syndrome are often recommended to cut out dairy or at least milk as well, without necessarily being lactose intolerant.

I used to gave lots of milk in my tea, have lattes etc. but recently they've given me a bit of an upset stomach so I've switched to black tea and coconut/oat milk lattes. Feel a lot better. The Pret hot chocolate made with coconut milk is also superb - the hint of coconut in the background just adds a little something.

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There is ongoing research about milk so there's probably a lot of people erring on the side of caution by not drinking cows milk, especially when you consider the hormones and antibiotics that are fired into them. 

There's still some suspicion that the A1 beta-caseine protein isn't good for humans in the long term although there's no conclusive study based evidence as yet. 

I've recently finished medical trial where I was drinking 750ml of A2 milk for 3 months but I've still to get my results. I will report back if and when she gets the finger out and sends me them.