Unpopular opinions.

Remember this? - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2342421/Disgraced-Ricksen-on-his-way-out-at-Ibrox.html

"Rangers manager Paul Le Guen has told Dutch full-back Fernando Ricksen that he should leave the club and attempt to rebuild his life and career elsewhere.

"The 30-year-old, one of the highest earners at Ibrox, was sent home from the pre-season tour of South Africa after being involved in a drunken altercation with a stewardess on the flight to Johannesburg.

"It was the latest in a long line of misdemeanours perpetrated by Ricksen, who has undergone treatment for anger management and behavioural issues, and Le Guen has decided that the interests of both parties would be best served if the player departed."

Deidco legend? 😲

On 19/09/2019 at 18:57, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's morons doing it because they think they should.

This.

Because this. 

On 19/09/2019 at 19:04, Dons_1988 said:

and say it’s an expression of the ‘look at me, I’m grieving’ culture that has gripped many these days.

21 minutes ago, Andre Bo said:

Friends is a shit TV show.

An unpopular opinion but right on the money.

It was fuckin dire.

"oh oh oh but it's got fit women" they say. 

Yeah, like that justifies it. Fit women do not good tv make. 

Pop off and watch hollyoakes then, right up your street it would appear.

Yes, it's shit too.

:) 

I can only assume none of you talking about Ricksen and displays of public grief have seen this:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4740691/celtic-fan-ibrox-fernando-ricksen/

Just after half six, crowds funnelling from all directions, he seemed to appear from nowhere - 20-something, lanky, hooped shirt, white shorts and socks, green baseball cap on his napper and scarf clutched in his left hand.

A motorcycle cop on duty outside the Albion car park did a double-take, revved up and whooshed across to intercept him. Even from a distance, the message was clear: Away up the road, son, before this gets silly.

The boy blanked him and kept walking, puzzled punters parting as if realising anyone this bold deserved the widest of berths. The cop radioed two mates, who jogged across and pleaded with the boy to turn around and go home.

Then he held up the scarf, pointed across at the gates between the Main Stand and the Broomloan - and his mission became clear.

He was here, hoops and all, to pay tribute to Fernando Ricksen.

And so off he loped, towards the gates and the hundreds gathered around them in silent vigil, edging through until he could place his green-and-white knitted wreath on the carpet of others laid since the Dutchman died on Wednesday.

As one, those hundreds applauded the gesture. Hands reached out to shake his, strangers in light blue spread their arms and offered hugs.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I can only assume none of you talking about Ricksen and displays of public grief have seen this:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4740691/celtic-fan-ibrox-fernando-ricksen/

Just after half six, crowds funnelling from all directions, he seemed to appear from nowhere - 20-something, lanky, hooped shirt, white shorts and socks, green baseball cap on his napper and scarf clutched in his left hand.

A motorcycle cop on duty outside the Albion car park did a double-take, revved up and whooshed across to intercept him. Even from a distance, the message was clear: Away up the road, son, before this gets silly.

The boy blanked him and kept walking, puzzled punters parting as if realising anyone this bold deserved the widest of berths. The cop radioed two mates, who jogged across and pleaded with the boy to turn around and go home.

Then he held up the scarf, pointed across at the gates between the Main Stand and the Broomloan - and his mission became clear.

And so off he loped, towards the gates and the hundreds gathered around them in silent vigil, edging through until he could place his green-and-white knitted wreath on the carpet of others laid since the Dutchman died on Wednesday.

As one, those hundreds applauded the gesture. Hands reached out to shake his, strangers in light blue spread their arms and offered hugs.

2D908109-EEE9-4A9C-A045-23C20C8A6C54.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Bill Leckie...is he still a thing?

Bill Leckie...is he still a thing?

He went through a short-lived period of general popularity, but god knows why. That is one of the worst things I’ve ever read, and we live in a world in which Keith Jackson regularly writes down words for us all to endure.

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Was it written by the same fucker that has the door-

Untitled.png

@DHOTYA

16 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I haven’t because only morons read The Sun.

20 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I’m slightly torn on Ricksen. He seemed like an arsehole but not the worst by any means. He contracted the most terrible condition I can imagine. He didn’t hide away and raised the profile of the condition somewhat without pouring buckets of cold water on himself. I am not going to lose any sleep over it but it’s quite a sobering reminder of God’s twisted sense of humour if you have forgotten about all the children with cancer.

I found the Ricksen story sad, because the bloke was only 43 years old and has left behind a young family after suffering a truly terrible disease. When he was playing, I thought he was an irritating cnut. There’s no need for me to change that opinion, nor do I feel the need to go to Ibrox and leave flowers and a message saying ‘RIP, even though I thought you were an irritating cnut. From a fan of a club that isnae’ Deadco’. It was still a sad thing to see happen. Wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Edited by pozbaird

29 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

What do you not like about it?

It's a bunch of lazy stereotypes living in a land of no economic reality, talking in stupid buzz-phrases, and it has lots of casual prejudice against various vulnerable social groups.