Unpopular opinions.

Hanging up either of the Ugly Sisters' fitba tops or scarves etc among the floral tribute at the roadside marking the spot where somebody has died.  

And having that sort of tribute in your memory could go in the Calling Cards of Dead Glory-hunting Morons thread

I love cycling my bike, partly for the exercise & weight loss, partly for the fresh air and scenery.  but mostly because of how fuckin rattled it gets gammon yer da' types when they need to wait an extra 30 secs to get passed  

You could’ve just said you were a c**t

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Fernando Ricksen dying is sad, but it's not the kind of sad that justifies a shrine with flags, banners, pictures and flowers being set up outside a council house. In Stirling. 

I think that's a healthy thing. People are sad about lots of things in life but don't think they can really show it. When something like this comes along, especially for the demographic most interested in football, it's an opportunity to let out some emotion in a setting that involves much less vulnerability than just having a good greet in front of loads of people because you feel sad about life.

For me it's the equivalent of someone going to a gym to batter f**k out a punching bag after work to get rid of aggression. People aren't genuinely, deeply sad that a footballer has died. They're just sad because of life and this is a chance to show that without much judgement and in an environment where lots of other people are expressing the same emotion as you.

Very few people are ever genuinely sad about anything that happens to complete strangers, I think. But it's a good excuse to vent a bit. Why not?

Edited by JTS98

I don’t think that people express emotions about celebrities dying because they are unable to express emotions generally. Our society is far more open about its emotions, across the whole spectrum, than it was in the past and displays about Ricksen are a reflection of that.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t think that people express emotions about celebrities dying because they are unable to express emotions generally. Our society is far more open about its emotions, across the whole spectrum, than it was in the past and displays about Ricksen are a reflection of that.

It's morons doing it because they think they should.

On 24/08/2019 at 05:38, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I love cycling my bike, partly for the exercise & weight loss, partly for the fresh air and scenery.  but mostly because of how fuckin rattled it gets gammon yer da' types when they need to wait an extra 30 secs to get passed  

That's odd. I find them the most reasonable whilst cycling. I'd expect that's probably because they make up a large proportion of the cyclist population . It's usually other demographics that get a raging stauner, in my experience. 

On 19/09/2019 at 15:26, NewBornBairn said:

Fernando Ricksen dying is sad, but it's not the kind of sad that justifies a shrine with flags, banners, pictures and flowers being set up outside a council house. In Stirling. 

The amount of “I’m a Celtic fan... but this is still so sad” type posts is infuriating. As if you shouldn’t be sad to see a human being die of MND because you support the rival club of the club they played for, but you are such a good person that even though you support the rival club you still care.

Pathetic.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The amount of “I’m a Celtic fan... but this is still so sad” type posts is infuriating. As if you shouldn’t be sad to see a human being die of MND because you support the rival club of the club they played for, but you are such a good person that even though you support the rival club you still care.

Pathetic.

BBC were even at it yesterday. “Tributes have been paid from across Scottish football including bitter rivals Celtic” . As if they wouldn’t pay tribute and it’s almost like the Beeb thought they deserved credit for this.