Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
13 hours ago, Growl3th said:
Twice she indicated for straight ahead

How do you indicate for straight ahead? My indicators only work left and right!

I assume she was going across a roundabout and indicated to leave? If so, good for her!

I hope this was the case.

57 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Find this funny considering you openly admit to speeding.  You'll assure me that speeding isn't stupidity though because you're a competent driver, right?

I don't think it's funny at all. People risking their lives for the sake of a £20 set of bike lights is horrific. But if people can't be bothered then end up in a ditch, they're as much to blame as anyone else involved. So as I said earlier, no sympathy here. 

As for your other comment, I drive to the conditions. That sees me well within the limits a lot of the time. Yes, I've done some courses (3 if you must know). I've also passed an advanced defensive driving test since you ask.  So competent?? More so than you I'd guess. I'm monitoring the situation and adjusting the vehicle to suit all the time. You're just sat there oblivious, sticking at 50 or whatever because that's the limit and they said it's safe. I'd bet that in a built up area, you're more likely to stray over the limit that I would be. 

The speed=dangerous thing you're referring to isn't all black and white. You might not like it. That's fine. But there are plenty scenarios where 'making progress' is as safe as houses. 

If you fall for the speed limit +1mph = death then it's hardly my fault you're incapable if thinking for yourself. 

12 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I don't think it's funny at all. People risking their lives for the sake of a £20 set of bike lights is horrific. But if people can't be bothered then end up in a ditch, they're as much to blame as anyone else involved. So as I said earlier, no sympathy here. 

As for your other comment, I drive to the conditions. That sees me well within the limits a lot of the time. Yes, I've done some courses (3 if you must know). I've also passed an advanced defensive driving test since you ask.  So competent?? More so than you I'd guess. I'm monitoring the situation and adjusting the vehicle to suit all the time. You're just sat there oblivious, sticking at 50 or whatever because that's the limit and they said it's safe. I'd bet that in a built up area, you're more likely to stray over the limit that I would be. 

The speed=dangerous thing you're referring to isn't all black and white. You might not like it. That's fine. But there are plenty scenarios where 'making progress' is as safe as houses. 

If you fall for the speed limit +1mph = death then it's hardly my fault you're incapable if thinking for yourself. 

^^^

download.jpg

18 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

:lol:

Firstly, you know f**k all about me so please refrain from making assumptions about me being oblivious on the road. I don't think your last line at all but it's clear you think that your driving competency means the law of the road doesn't apply to you (whenever you deem the conditions good enough, bizarrely).

If your speeding means you end up in a ditch then don't expect any sympathy.

15 hours ago, Growl3th said:

Twice she indicated for straight ahead

How do you indicate for straight ahead? My indicators only work left and right!

She indicated left and went straight ahead meaning I nearly pulled out infront of her.

Then at the next roundabout indicated right and went straight ahead.

50 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Firstly, you know f**k all about me

And you know f**k all about me. You've just assumed I'm some sort of road hog because I've stated I'm happy to assess the conditions and drive appropriately. Instead of blindly adhere to a posted limit which, in some circumstances, might be too fast. But you've not considered that in your rush to judge and condemn. It's ok though. It's ok. 

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If your speeding means you end up in a ditch then don't expect any sympathy.

I won't. I'll stick my hand up and go "it's my fault". I've made mistakes in the past, I'll make them again. 

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

it's clear you think that your driving competency means the law of the road doesn't apply

Oh dear.  Judging me again. Make you feel all superior does it? That the best you can come up with? :lol: Of course they apply.  

Yes, I'm enthusiastic about driving. I'm not some boy racer type. I do what I can to improve my driving when vacancies on courses and funding allow. Are you doing anything to make you a better, safer, driver or is sticking to speed limits all you've got? There's always something to learn and ways to improve. Try it, you might even enjoy it. 

I've been assessed several times over the last few years and believe me, it's always been an eye opener but I've come out better because of it. I'm not trying to justify it for you. I'm just doing it for me really. 

All of this because we disagree on one point. I'm happy to make progress when I've assessed it's safe to do so. You seem to think all speeding is dangerous. That's fine. Carry on. I'll get there before you though ;) 

17 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

And you know f**k all about me. You've just assumed I'm some sort of road hog because I've stated I'm happy to assess the conditions and drive appropriately. Instead of blindly adhere to a posted limit which, in some circumstances, might be too fast. But you've not considered that in your rush to judge and condemn. It's ok though. It's ok. 

I won't. I'll stick my hand up and go "it's my fault". I've made mistakes in the past, I'll make them again. 

Oh dear.  Judging me again. Make you feel all superior does it? That the best you can come up with? :lol: Of course they apply.  

Yes, I'm enthusiastic about driving. I'm not some boy racer type. I do what I can to improve my driving when vacancies on courses and funding allow. Are you doing anything to make you a better, safer, driver or is sticking to speed limits all you've got? There's always something to learn and ways to improve. Try it, you might even enjoy it. 

I've been assessed several times over the last few years and believe me, it's always been an eye opener but I've come out better because of it. I'm not trying to justify it for you. I'm just doing it for me really. 

All of this because we disagree on one point. I'm happy to make progress when I've assessed it's safe to do so. You seem to think all speeding is dangerous. That's fine. Carry on. I'll get there before you though ;) 

All I've done is pick up on your comments on here, I haven't once said you are a boy racer or road hog, you're making those assumptions not me.  I don't doubt you are a competent driver, I just don't think speeding is necessary or clever. Wire in though, it's clear your mind is made up :)

58 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Not if you get pulled over for speeding. 

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's not 'glorious', or whatever other adjective you wish to use, to see someone upset.

Depends on what you mean by upset. If someone is foaming at the mouth seething, I think it’s quite funny. 

If by upset you mean sad, then I’d be amazed if anyone other than complete nutters found it ‘glorious’.

6 hours ago, Trackdaybob said: