Unpopular opinions.

15 hours ago, paranoid android said:

George Lazenby was actually quite good in On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

It's time to kill the franchise. 

I think that's probably the best Bond film as it's more like a noir thriller than a load of set pieces with cheese. I do like the Roger Moore films though. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

.ef8.jpg

"in ring" it might not be scripted but one of UFC's biggest selling points, at first, was if fans wanted two guys to fight, if it was the obvious fight to determine the best man in the weight division, then UFC made it happen. Compared to boxing that was amazing where fighters would do everything in their power to avoid each other and the different boxing orgs were too scared of the big promoters to go force it. Now it's went too far that way and the big fights are all about the "box office" rather than who deserves it from a sporting point of view.

I genuinely thought The Benny Hill Show was a children's programme when I was a nipper. All that running about and daft caricatures. Still amazes me that it was supposed to be for adults.

Not a criticism, BTW - quality kid's programming.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

"in ring" it might not be scripted but one of UFC's biggest selling points, at first, was if fans wanted two guys to fight, if it was the obvious fight to determine the best man in the weight division, then UFC made it happen. Compared to boxing that was amazing where fighters would do everything in their power to avoid each other and the different boxing orgs were too scared of the big promoters to go force it. Now it's went too far that way and the big fights are all about the "box office" rather than who deserves it from a sporting point of view.

You can apply this to basically anything that starts off as an excellent niche product and then becomes massively popular.

As a basic rule, the more people you're trying to entertain then the more beige it becomes as it moves away from its original principle.

It's happened to football, it happens with TV series, movies, bands, just about anything.  Eventually it succumbs to the additionallmoney to be made by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Edited by Dons_1988

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I genuinely thought The Benny Hill Show was a children's programme when I was a nipper. All that running about and daft caricatures. Still amazes me that it was supposed to be for adults.

Not a criticism, BTW - quality kid's programming.

Image result for benny hill gif

Spoiler

Image result for benny hill gif

Cannae stand people who buy games consoles just for fifa and call of duty ever year and not much else. Lots of great games out there and people just lap up the same mediocre franchise every year
I did this initially, at one point I only had Fifa 16,17 and 18 and the 3 COD's of they years as well. I had a quick post on the gaming forum and I've now explored Uncharted 1&4, elder scrolls V, RDR and just bought far cry 5 at the weekend there since it was only £21.
Enjoying them massively.

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Wrestling isn't 'scripted' in the ring for the most part either, aside from the finish and perhaps some big spots.

Randy Savage and DDP scripted their bouts to the tiniest detail even for house shows. Imagine being stuck in a house show feud with them and having to go over each match for an hour or so each fucking day while everyone is doing coke and shagging groupies instead. Poor fuckers.