Unpopular opinions.

I did see one which said ‘unlimited tasting’ but it turned out to be the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my suit against the film ‘The never ending story’
See you were on TV tonight. You're a real hero Sir.

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Busking should be banned.  Sick of having to hear Hallelujah and Lego House by pretentious hipster types on cheapy guitars. 

The granite city of culture disagrees. 

Listening to Music on a phone or any device that requires headphones is a truly awful way to hear a song.

I listened to Mezzanine (the album) by Massive Attack first time on my phone. Listened to it again on my PS4 a few days later and was shocked by how much of the instrumentation wasn't picked up through my phone as I was hearing sounds that I wasn't aware would even be there.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Listening to Music on a phone or any device that requires headphones is a truly awful way to hear a song.

Are you talking about earbuds? If so, then I agree. However a pair of quality, over the ear 'phones on a decent player, is a brilliant way to listen to music.

40 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

I listened to Mezzanine (the album) by Massive Attack first time on my phone. Listened to it again on my PS4 a few days later and was shocked by how much of the instrumentation wasn't picked up through my phone as I was hearing sounds that I wasn't aware would even be there.

I'm gonnae stick my neck out here and say not 1 single artist EVER has recorded an album assuming you will listen to it on a phone Or headphones.

Whenever I want to listen to music I like and to hear It properly, I slam it on my Surround sound and crank that bad boy up.

Albums come to life that way and it's even a massive upgrade on hearing them in my Van

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Are you talking about earbuds? If so, then I agree. However a pair of quality, over the ear 'phones on a decent player, is a brilliant way to listen to music.

It's an ok way to hear the music you know but in no way should you download an album and only ever hear it through your phone/ipod.

Listening to an album blaring with no consideration for the neighbours completely changes the music.

Edited by Gaz FFC

5 minutes ago, Addie said:

Adults who like Harry Potter should be euthanized.   

There.  I've said it.

If that's not a popular opinion it fucking should be. Mind you I miss the Tellytubbies being on, so maybe I shouldn't talk.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

'Earbuds' (or whatever other weirdo term for what are quite clearly earphones) secured dominance because every other device on the market made its user look like a sex pest. A fact that has not changed one bit in the period since.  But if you're willing to risk getting tarred and feathered by a braying mob in order to get a modest improvement in sound quality for a run around a supermarket, knock yourself out. 

Hold on, hold on, hold on, I'm not talking about wearing over the ear headphones outside my own house! Heysoos, I thought that was a given. That's also why I specified "a quality player", which I assumed automatically discounted ipods and/or phones.

Going back to the "folk don't actually like the taste of alcohol" thing, apparently it's possible to make powdered alcohol, which could be put into capsules, giving the effects of booze without the taste. The idea's been around since the '70s, at least.

It's proven wildly unpopular for a variety of reasons, including:

• people missing the taste of their favourite tipple  :rolleyes:
  • public safety concerns about the ease of overdosing
  • brewers panicking about their industry disappearing overnight

There have been a variety of attempts to launch an "instant booze" range - just add water to a sachet of powder and hey presto - but most never even made it to market, most likely due to hostility from the industry, and attempts to outlaw the concept. It doesn't seem to be illegal here yet, if anyone fancies panicking the government and featuring prominently in the Daily Mail  :P

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Hold on, hold on, hold on, I'm not talking about wearing over the ear headphones outside my own house! Heysoos, I thought that was a given. 

If you're listening to it inside your own house then get a proper speaker system instead and passers-by won't think that a sex pest lives there.