Unpopular opinions.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Whilst recognising McCartney’s ability I can’t stand the guy.  I find him smarmy and his demeanour creepy as f**k.

Yes. He's a fanny. 

4 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

I'm with Granny on this one, it's perfectly acceptable to dislike The Beatles but to not recognise the creativity and musical progression after Rubber Soul is crazy.

As for unpopular opinions..Paul was the best Beatle and John was an utter w*nker

I don't like them much,  but realised I liked quite a lot of their songs being covered by others. That might be a measure of their talent as writers.

Bohemian Rhapsody is actually just 3 half decent songs clumsily linked together, as is Band on the Run by Wings.

Bohemian Rhapsody is not the greatest song of all time, and isn’t even the best song by Queen. Its popularity is purely down to what was a ground-breaking video and the film Wayne’s World. 

On 25/07/2018 at 16:34, ICTChris said:

There's something weird about men in their 30s and 40s with families playing computer games for hours at a time.

I know someone who is in thier 40s, still stays at home with mum and has a son who’s either in primary or is about to be, sleeps in the same room as him when he has him (twice a week) even then he’s playing his computer/console constantly while his mum watches the bairn.

If your preference is for bland, simple & unoriginal melodies produced by the limited musical talents of a mass marketed boy band then the Beatles are for clearly you Granny.
The biggest con trick the modern musical industry has delivered to date.

Yeh hunners of songs just like I am the walrus and Sgt Peppers kicking about. Not to mention Blackbird with its simple chord progression.

Bohemian Rhapsody is actually just 3 half decent songs clumsily linked together, as is Band on the Run by Wings.
Bohemian Rhapsody is not the greatest song of all time, and isn’t even the best song by Queen. Its popularity is purely down to what was a ground-breaking video and the film Wayne’s World. 

I like Bohemian Rhapsody but i’ve always thought of it as a modern interpretation of a classical piece with different movements etc. Id agree though that its no where near Queens best song, Who wants to live forever is my stand out, largely because Freddy pretty much knew he was dying when he wrote it. Dont stop me now is just a great feel good song too!

1 hour ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Haven't heard Band on the Run for a while, but the first song this made me think of was Live & Let Die. Maybe McCartney was working from unfinished Beatles' scrag ends by the time he got to Wings?

1 hour ago, Funky Nosejob said:

Is this some sort of wind up?  Wayne’s World maybe introduced it to a new generation but it’s success has nothing to do with a film that was made years after it was released.

Whilst definitely not Queens greatest it was unique even without the video.

ICR mentions Who Wants To Live Forever; in a similar vein, Too Much Love Will Kill You is up there with their greatest for me and also has a very intimate message.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Haven't heard Band on the Run for a while, but the first song this made me think of was Live & Let Die. Maybe McCartney was working from unfinished Beatles' scrag ends by the time he got to Wings?

Live & Let Die was ruined by the reggae break in the middle, which I can only assume was down to McCartney showing off. Guns n ‘ Roses did a far superior cover version.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Is this some sort of wind up?  Wayne’s World maybe introduced it to a new generation but it’s success has nothing to do with a film that was made years after it was released.

Whilst definitely not Queens greatest it was unique even without the video.

I’m well aware of its popularity before the film, but suspect that the film is a major influence whenever “greatest songs of all time” surveys are held. 

In addition to those already mentioned, I’d like to add Save Me and Hammer to Fall as Queen songs that are better than Bohemian Rhapsody. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I like Bohemian Rhapsody but i’ve always thought of it as a modern interpretation of a classical piece with different movements etc. Id agree though that its no where near Queens best song, Who wants to live forever is my stand out, largely because Freddy pretty much knew he was dying when he wrote it. Dont stop me now is just a great feel good song too!

Freddie didn't write Who Wants to Live Forever.