Unpopular opinions.

Apparently Spielberg had a decent script written by Frank Darabont all ready to go for Indy 4, but it was vetoed by Lucas because aliens and Shia LeBeouf. You can't blame him for Temple of Doom, though - apparently the bizarre tone was due to Spielberg going through a nasty divorce at the time. I've watched that film and thought it was dreck, and quite enjoyed it at other times; it's a bit of an odd one. I also loved it when I was a kid, and liked Short Round back then too. If they were going down the 'Son of Indy' route, they'd have been better off bringing back an adult (and less annoying) Short Round for a new adventure rather than patently shoehorning in a son to try and spin off a new character. Apparently there was a comic book where Indy paid for him to go to university in America or some such, which was a nice idea.

Other Indy trivia - Spielberg originally had him written as a paedophile; Marian was supposed to be 12 when he first introduced her to his Staff of Ra, which is partly why she's so pissed at him when they first meet up again. You can thank Lucas for that detail being dropped - he might be dull, but Spielberg doesn't half come up with some weird shit sometimes.

Just now, Zen Archer said:

There is an annoying continuity error in the Chrystal Skull during the diner scene where LaBeouf is fucking about with ketchup bottles, he tips them over, then picks them up and in the next scene they're on the deck again.

Oh, thanks - that's fucking ruined that film for me now  :angry:

There is an annoying continuity error in the Chrystal Skull during the diner scene where LaBeouf is fucking about with ketchup bottles, he tips them over, then picks them up and in the next scene they're on the deck again.
I find the one where he survives a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge more annoying tbh.

I find the one where he survives a nuclear explosion by hiding in a fridge more annoying tbh.
yeah nonsense. also gets catapulted hundreds of yards rattling about in said fridge and gets out with not a bruise.

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

Having children is boring as f**k.

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Is this cause your sprog isn’t doing much? Babies are boring as f**k. Once they get a wee bit older they are less boring. Hang in there.

By the time they're 30 they are usually fine. Until then, they rob you of your cash and ruin your social life.  

Hang in there. ^_^

They do eat into your free time but you weren’t doing anything of value anyway.

I was still going out of the flat at least when I wanted to, I get in from work around 6 Monday - Thursday and she’s in bed for 7 and that’s my evening gone and on Fridays I’m in earlier and all I want to do is go out and it’s not exactly convenient to go into places on a Friday evening with a pram. Weekends are alright I suppose but it’s very time consuming and restricting having a baby. I wish someone had told me this before.

29 minutes ago, throbber said:

I was still going out of the flat at least when I wanted to, I get in from work around 6 Monday - Thursday and she’s in bed for 7 and that’s my evening gone and on Fridays I’m in earlier and all I want to do is go out and it’s not exactly convenient to go into places on a Friday evening with a pram. Weekends are alright I suppose but it’s very time consuming and restricting having a baby. I wish someone had told me this before.

What the f**k did you think it was going to be like?

just send it back

One almighty laugh a minute.

You can get away with being a scum parent and taking baby to the boozer for a bit.

Just find one with a beer garden.

You’ll still be restricted to 2 or 3 jars though. Pissed in charge of a baby is a bad look.