Unpopular opinions.

I don't like presents.  I'd be perfectly happy with no birthday or Christmas presents ever again, I think that adults giving each other stupid gifts they don't need is embarrassing.  Now that we have a child, I'm looking forward to being able to tell people that they can just buy him presents rather than anything for me.  My family, beign dour Presbyterian Highlanders, will happily comply but my wife's family still buy everyone presents and the value of these are silently noted.  My brother and sister in law even asked for money last year, I just find it undignified, people in their 30s asking their siblings and elderly parents for cash as a present.

I don't like presents.  I'd be perfectly happy with no birthday or Christmas presents ever again, I think that adults giving each other stupid gifts they don't need is embarrassing.  Now that we have a child, I'm looking forward to being able to tell people that they can just buy him presents rather than anything for me.  My family, beign dour Presbyterian Highlanders, will happily comply but my wife's family still buy everyone presents and the value of these are silently noted.  My brother and sister in law even asked for money last year, I just find it undignified, people in their 30s asking their siblings and elderly parents for cash as a present.

^^^scrooge1.jpg

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

^^^scrooge1.jpg

He didn't want to give anyone presents, I simply do not wish to receive them.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Unosmoked bacon is better than smoked bacon

Streaky bacon is better than back bacon.

5 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Unosmoked bacon is better than smoked bacon

f**k off!

Your emotional state appears to be the opposite of happy

The Phantom Menace is easily the best of the Star Wars prequels.
It's still shit though.

Remove all traces of Jar Jar binks, considerably less pod racing and more Darth Maul, and you’ve got the basic starting point of a decent film.

You’re right though, it’s shite.

2 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Star Wars is shit.

You're shit

Just now, MONKMAN said:

Remove all traces of Jar Jar binks, considerably less pod racing and more Darth Maul, and you’ve got the basic starting point of a decent film.

You’re right though, it’s shite.

It's the most interesting of the prequels and has the best characters (indeed in Qui Gon THE best character of the prequels), most interesting plot points and the most interesting character development. AOTC is outright boring and easily the worst of the main Star Wars movies (before someone mentions the awful Ewok films) and ROTS is uttet w**k and could be 'Emo the Musical'.

It's the most interesting of the prequels and has the best characters (indeed in Qui Gon THE best character of the prequels), most interesting plot points and the most interesting character development. AOTC is outright boring and easily the worst of the main Star Wars movies (before someone mentions the awful Ewok films) and ROTS is uttet w**k and could be 'Emo the Musical'.
f**k all wrong with the ewoks.

Just now, Chicken Wing said:
2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

f**k all wrong with the ewoks.

I won't be drawn in with such poor bait

50 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that someone had condensed the prequels into one roughly 90 minute long film that was actually watchable.

Just searched for that on YouTube and it seems like thousands of folk have done the same thing  :blink:

Let us know if you ever find out which one was supposed to be decent.