Unpopular opinions.

My work is full of c***s like that. Would rather go to a beefeater and eat microwave ready meals than dine in a nice restaurant. 
There's a certain amount of inverted snobbery about food. It's like they think that only wimps eat well made and well prepared food.

The thing that gets me about F&Bs is how fucking expensive it is, it costs a fortune for what it is. I’ve had to go to various things with family who like it and also family who have kids and it costs a bomb. It’s also horrifically shite.

This probably sounds snobby but a lot of people in this country have horrendous taste in food and are happy to eat utter dung.

21 hours ago, throbber said:

I tried to spell it that way but it got corrected. I find that she doesn’t really come out with anything original and just spouts stuff that we already knew about inequality etc. Don’t think she is anything special.

I'm not sure you understand what a MP's job is. She's not a singer/songwriter coming up with her next album, she's there to point out the things that are wrong with her constituency. Of course she's going to highlight inequalities, if you're already aware of them then good for you, not everyone else in the UK is.

The thing that gets me about F&Bs is how fucking expensive it is, it costs a fortune for what it is. I’ve had to go to various things with family who like it and also family who have kids and it costs a bomb. It’s also horrifically shite.

This probably sounds snobby but a lot of people in this country have horrendous taste in food and are happy to eat utter dung.
Most of these chains rival furniture shops by the amount of "discounts" they offer. Do your homework, man!

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm not sure you understand what a MP's job is. She's not a singer/songwriter coming up with her next album, she's there to point out the things that are wrong with her constituency. Of course she's going to highlight inequalities, if you're already aware of them then good for you, not everyone else in the UK is.

You poor naive fool. An MP's job is to toe the party line in the hope of personal advancement.

Its a career. Certainly in Scotland and the UK. That's all MP's/MSP's.

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

You poor naive fool. An MP's job is to toe the party line in the hope of personal advancement.

Its a career. Certainly in Scotland and the UK. That's all MP's/MSP's.

No, that's not their job. The fact that some operate like that doesn't change their job description.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No, that's not their job. The fact that some operate like that doesn't change their job description.

Most peoples job descriptions don't tally up with what they do, why should politicians be any different. Especially when you're discussing the more emotive job descriptions.

2 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Most peoples job descriptions don't tally up with what they do, why should politicians be any different. Especially when you're discussing the more emotive job descriptions.

Why should people who pay their elected representative expect them to do their job? Is that really what you're arguing here?