Aberdeen's new stadium

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A more pressing issue from that article is surely the operating loss of 1.4 million pounds (£1,400,00.00) the Dons made last year. Their wages went up as their turnover went down!

How sustainable are these eye watering losses? Is administration on the cards?

If Aberdeen are to have a new stadium they have to do it one of two ways, either build it privately or get funding from the council and/or government grants. If it's the former, then fine, that is up to them, if it's the latter the club should not have full control over the stadium as it should be used as an asset for all the community and not simply to benefit Aberdeen FC or their board. Let's not forget Milne will make a pretty profit from selling the land (either developed or undeveloped) from Pittodrie, the council shouldn't be lining his pockets all the more in order to benefit a very slim proportion of the community.

^^obsessed, Scotland most successful club (in terms of European competition), this is the company's losses not the clubs, We Are The Sheeple! Am i doing this right?

I never mentioned anything about losses, or in fact anything about the finances at Aberdeen other than they shouldn't be lined by the pockets of the local taxpayers when the members or the Aberdeen board are far richer than the average Joe on the street.

btw, you realise when you separate company and club you are effectively doing the Sevco argument?

I never mentioned anything about losses, or in fact anything about the finances at Aberdeen other than they shouldn't be lined by the pockets of the local taxpayers when the members or the Aberdeen board are far richer than the average Joe on the street.

btw, you realise when you separate company and club you are effectively doing the Sevco argument?

I believe that that was the point of his post.

Woooosh

• 8 months later...

Look at the Groningen stadium. It looks class but is only 22500 which I think is too small for Aberdeen if they have ambitions to progress as a club.

Would be a serious lack of ambition if the new stadium isn't 25k-30k seater.

With the Council we currently have in place, I am not holding my breath.

Aberdeen have been talking about this mythical new stadium for around 12 years now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28739853

Now talking about moving in for season 2017-18.

Getting Pittodrie demolished before the house price boom inevitably ends huh? :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with sour grapes about him buying my local pub and about to reduce it to rubble for a small new housing estate of course.

Eta: I can tell you now that had yesterdays Dundee Utd game been up at Loirston then I probably wouldn't have bothered with the faff of heading up there, even with extra buses which would still crawl up the hill in that traffic. Don't know how that extra faff would affect actual supporters though.

Archived