Its the only place i ever see them called that. Civilised people call them doughnuts.

It's more of a ring than it is a nut.

You may have it there. People from fife clearly found doughnut too hard to comprehend and went for something more literal. I bet they really struggle with beef olives and artichoke hearts.

You may have it there. People from fife clearly found doughnut too hard to comprehend and went for something more literal. I bet they really struggle with beef olives and artichoke hearts.

Exquisite as beef olives are, they should be called beef rollers or beef wrappers.

Artichoke hearts have some rational basis as they are extracted from the root which vaguely resembles a heart.

Doughnuts have absolutely nothing to do with nuts. Things don't have to be literal to make sense, but something that actually describes what something is is infinitely more logical.

Piers Morgan is quite clearly an utter c**t of a human being*. His "banter" amounts to, as you say, correcting people's grammar and making height jokes at Michael Owen.

*As is Alistair Campbell.

I refuse to follow either. Absolute arseholes the pair of them.

I joined ages ago but rarely tweeted. It's good for killing time.

I pulled up a twat who was wanting to see Rangers kick Saints' arse at the weekend. He had gone to the trouble of typing out the 'Build my gallows...' song, in block capitals, as a tweet but said Counting Down rather than County Down.

I advised him he was an illiterate bigot, only to get the reply 'Keep aff ma page ya fukin fagot'.

Charming.

:lol:

@chrislindsay33 if anyone wants to read a tweet every two weeks. I follow mainly news people, football stuff and MMA. Who is the most prolific tweeter that anyone fvollows, Caitlan Moran from The Times (and other fine periodicals) is on it constantly, I don't know how she finds time to write columns and books. She is pretty funny though.

Same as most people, mainly use it to follow sports news and comedians. Occasionally post on @markf268 if anyone is interested.

I'm about to drop Limmy from my Twitter. The boy tweets about 30 times a day.

I rid of him ages ago. I don't mind people who tweet a lot, but he tweets about nothing, and his "stories" are absolute pish.

I did get a re-tweet for calling him a knob, though. 8)

i want to know why law stud is a hardcore well fan on twitter but doesn't represent on P&B.

poor show.

Exquisite as beef olives are, they should be called beef rollers or beef wrappers.

Artichoke hearts have some rational basis as they are extracted from the root which vaguely resembles a heart.

Doughnuts have absolutely nothing to do with nuts. Things don't have to be literal to make sense, but something that actually describes what something is is infinitely more logical.

Ok you actually drove me to wikipedia to find the origins of the word. Doughnut refers to when they didnt have holes, were presumably less perfectly round and conceivably looked a bit like big nuts made of dough. This has carried over to modern usage. So there.

Do you honestly call them doughrings by the way? Law school obviously hasnt completely scrubbed the teuchter from you :P

Piers Morgan is getting a really hard time from @GuidoFawks and @LouiseMensch.

They are trying to get the slimey twat fired from his CNN show.

I'm on @eckieboy don't post much unless some raving auld Nazi on Jeremy Vine's show gets my back up!

I'm about to drop Limmy from my Twitter. The boy tweets about 30 times a day.

@GARYTANK is excellent.

Ok you actually drove me to wikipedia to find the origins of the word. Doughnut refers to when they didnt have holes, were presumably less perfectly round and conceivably looked a bit like big nuts made of dough. This has carried over to modern usage. So there.

Do you honestly call them doughrings by the way? Law school obviously hasnt completely scrubbed the teuchter from you :P

Just because something is a big blob doesn't mean it looks remotely like a nut. They should be called "doughblobs" or "sweet buns" if they don't have a hole in the middle.

And no, I don't call them doughrings. I am a filthy American convert b*****d and call them donuts.

Started using twitter a lot more in the past couple of weeks. Usually post drivel about football and other random things.

@dave_binos

i always thought they were doughnoughts (as in dough zeroes) shortend to donuts by some quirky ad agency.

Staring to use Twitter a lot more now and have started following a bunch of people and occupationally posting stuff that no one cares about. I just got retweeted by Duncan Bannatyne. cool.gif

EDIT: Just ignore that "occupationally", believe it or not it was meant to say occasionally. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Sooky

Staring to use Twitter a lot more now and have started following a bunch of people and occupationally posting stuff that no one cares about. I just got retweeted by Duncan Bannatyne. cool.gif

Just started following you. You better not tweet shite.