18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Tate does seem to have a serious following among high school and university age young men to the extent that he got bumped off social media for being too popular

From what I've seen he's doing the usual right wing grift of identifying a real problem such as a lack of economic agency then filling his listeners heads with utter nonsense and billing them for it. 

Not quite, no. 

In the thread, posted in reaction to the sexual assault claims against Harvey Weinstein, he wrote, “If you put yourself in a position to be raped, you must [bear] some responsibility. I’m not saying it’s OK you got raped.” Twitter permanently suspended his account as a result, NBC News reported.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Thanks. Seems to be a thing in the USA where if you have even a modicum of success in one field you get elevated to some kind of expert opiner in every field. See also the Pillow Guy.

Tate lives in Romania where he made his money running cam girl websites. 

The format he does isn't any different from stuff on the telly like Loose Women or This Morning. It's just people talking shite but in his case it's socially disruptive. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

“For being Too popular”

fucking hell.

He wasn't simply banned from one platform for posting offensive content. 

Multiple platforms owned by different companies simultaneously banned him and devoted resources to preventing their users from posting any content related to him. Average punters don't get that treatment. 

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He wasn't simply banned from one platform for posting offensive content. 

Multiple platforms owned by different companies simultaneously banned him and devoted resources to preventing their users from posting any content related to him. Average punters don't get that treatment. 

Neither do “popular” punters.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

He is a former kick-boxer and has turned into a social media influencer who got more famous during lockdown. Think he has is extremely wealthy through cryptocurrency as well it says his net worth is around $300 Million. He himself is successful but the concern is that he influences young and impressionable men to view women as objects and to view the world as nothing more than a money making exercise.

ah - theres a character in that new Netflix film Glass Onion who it sounds like could have some characteristics of this guy based on! 

Inside the violent, misogynistic world of TikTok’s new star, Andrew Tate | TikTok | The Guardian

The backlash won Tate work and boosted his profile. He appeared on InfoWars, the podcast of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones; was pictured with far-right YouTuber Paul Joseph Watson and met Donald Trump Jr at Trump Tower, posting on Facebook afterwards: “The tate family support trump FULLY. MAGA!”

In the UK, meanwhile, he mingled with arch-Brexiter Nigel Farage, Facebook photos show and spoke of ties with the anti-Islam activist Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, known as Tommy Robinson. Tate describes Yaxley-Lennon in a podcast as a “solid guy” with a “good heart” whom he has “hung out with untold times”. In 2019, police were called after Tate showed up at the house of Mike Stuchbery, a journalist who had been critical about him online, days after Yaxley-Lennon did the same thing. The incident caused Stuchbery’s wife to suffer a panic attack and played a role in them leaving the UK for Germany.

He also openly discussed being accused of violence against several women, although he is not understood to have ultimately been charged with any offences apart from a driving offence in 2018. In one interview, Tate describes an incident where a woman knocked a phone out of his hand in a club, and a man punched him, so they started wrestling. In the tussle he accidentally hit the woman and broke her jaw, he says.

In another video, he says he has been investigated by police for allegedly abusing a woman, which he denied, in a case where he had his house raided, devices confiscated and was held in a cell for two days.

Around the time UK police were investigating abuse allegations, Tate is understood to have left the UK for Romania. In one video explaining his reasons for the move he suggested it was because it would be easier to evade rape charges. This is “probably 40% of the reason” he moved there, he says in one video, adding: “I’m not a rapist, but I like the idea of just being able to do what I want. I like being free.”

Yet more allegations would follow. In January, the Daily Mirror reported that Tate and his brother Tristan were “raking in millions from webcam sites where men hand over a fortune as they fall for models’ fake sob stories” – something they themselves described as a “total scam”.

Then in April, the brothers’ mansion was raided by police following a tip-off from the US embassy that a 21-year-old American woman was being held against her will. The Tates were taken in for questioning before being released and deny wrongdoing. The Romanian authorities said last week that the investigation, later expanded to cover human trafficking and rape allegations, was ongoing.

Uhhuh.

24 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

So did Hitler. He wasn’t chased about by the Allies because he was popular though.

FFS, you really want to read about how the Second World War was just an attempt by the Global Elites to stop Hitler's redistribution of wealth through European society, and that it would've been better for humanity as a whole if Germany had won?

It's fucking coming, so I hope you're satisfied!

28 minutes ago, BFTD said:

FFS, you really want to read about how the Second World War was just an attempt by the Global Elites to stop Hitler's redistribution of wealth through European society, and that it would've been better for humanity as a whole if Germany had won?

It's fucking coming, so I hope you're satisfied!

And there was me thinking it was all about Romanian call girls.

Hadn't heard of him but it seems he makes all his money from a pyramid selling scam called Hustler's University, which purports to teach how to get rich dealing in crypto, but it's really about getting a cut from other people's $50 a month subscription, and promoting him all over social media.

Hustlers University

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

And there was me thinking it was all about Romanian call girls.

Would've stopped him bothering members of his own family, at least.

(Hitler, not H_B)

Andrew Tate’s dad was a chess grandmaster who worked for the CIA as a linguist #controlledopposition 

Anyway, here’s a Christmas punch up in a Georgia waffle house. I’ve not watched it with the sound on so apologies if they say naughty words.

Textbook chair block from the Waffle House cook, amazing stuff. Get her to lay into Andrew Tate, the c**t wouldn’t last two minutes.

Edited by ICTChris