2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Brazil have some top players obviously still, but I dunno if its being older, more exposure outside of WC years or whatever but I can always just mind of being young and being mesmerised by Brazil. Their teams were so full of flair, sometimes at the expense of being functional, but you always knew, their players were going to be doing things you hadn't seen other players doing. They had this aura like All Black in the rugby a few years back where you were just stunned if they got beat.

Aye, the Brazil teams of my youth held such a powerful mystique. Loved watching them.

The strip too. Fantastic. 

On 29/01/2022 at 03:23, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Inter Milan and Lazio had great teams in those days.

Now it’s all about the Barclays.

Not really, PSG have the most galatico squad in world football. Since 2010 the CL has been won 6 times by a Spanish team, 3 times by an English team.

Europa League is even more lopsided.

14 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

I’m surprised that no failed Apprentice candidate or recipient of Sugar’s twitter abuse doesn’t raise this monstrosity.

I actually had one of these back in the mid 2000s. It was great until the bill came in. £30 a month just for this thing to dial up and check my emails. 

Straight in the bin. 

29 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I actually had one of these back in the mid 2000s. It was great until the bill came in. £30 a month just for this thing to dial up and check my emails. 

Straight in the bin. 

I was tempted when dial up was charged by the minute, unbearably slow and unreliable, until I found out these were just the same but £30 a month on top.

Seemingly, Sugar was determined to push ahead with it, despite numerous employees from boardroom down trying to convince him it wasn’t a starter. 
Millions of pounds in development and marketing, the release of a “plus” version, several sackings of naysayers and a few years later, he begrudgingly accepted it was a turkey.