On 27/08/2021 at 09:58, SANTAN said:

You just can't help yourself from misrepresenting views to try and win an argument. So boring, cognitive dissonance at it's finest. 

Neil Oliver is blatantly not Anti Vax, the views he has expressed that you've misrepresented are common amongst posters in the Covid thread.

You and Gordon can try and say he's "radicalised" because you don't like him due to his politics but it's blatantly obvious what you're both doing. I'm guessing the whole working for GB news thing is further proof that he's radicalised too?

He is a nutcase.

On 27/08/2021 at 11:08, Michael W said:

The people replying to Lawrence Fox are a large part of the problem. Sending him abuse, calling him made-up swears like a wankpuffin or a cuntweasel just give him the audience that those sending him such tweets oddly enough would prefer that he didn't have. The man is at it - he's a male Katie Hopkins and is seeing the pound signs that her little schtik produced before she started racking up the court appearances. He is taunting for a "cancellation" so he can grift it; he knows what he's doing and the abuse and pile ons are playing into his hands. 

Ignore him. Block him, mute him or whatever, but don't engage. He'll probably start a good whinge about free speech, but this does not bring with it the right to an audience. Deprive him of his audience and he will fade away. 

I think since Katie Hopkins has met with numerous open fascist groups and been detained for spreading racial hatred it is fair to say she believes what she says. Her hatred of migrants, refugees, Muslims and numerous other groups of people appears sincere.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think since Katie Hopkins has met with numerous open fascist groups and been detained for spreading racial hatred it is fair to say she believes what she says. Her hatred of migrants, refugees, Muslims and numerous other groups of people appears sincere.

You're probably right, people like Julia Hartley-Brewer, Melanie Phillips, Claire Fox etc manage to avoid bankruptcy and cancellation by paying attention to the red lines, she seems to be a true believer.

Just now, welshbairn said:

You're probably right, people like Julia Hartley-Brewer, Melanie Phillips, Claire Fox etc manage to avoid bankruptcy and cancellation by paying attention to the red lines, she seems to be a true believer.

Melanie Phillips is another true believer. She's only avoiding cancellation because her employers tacitly agree with her hatred of Muslims.

50 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fox is very obviously a British intelligence asset. 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I agree. Whether it started with a grift and saw her going down the rabbit hole I don't know, but I agree that these are her genuine views being expressed now. The 'grift' as it were started off with general trolling before gradually descending into racism. She still pulled in the appearances, only really being removed from the mainstream by costing her employers too much money in defamation claims. Lucrative work until you make an arse of it. 

Fox I'm not so sure about. I don't think he's in the same league as Hopkins, but he's currently Katie Hopkins before she jumped the shark - enough to keep. The grift alive. I do think he is generally aware of where the line is, but that tweet about the kneeling crossed it and was begging for a cancellation. 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

I do think he is generally aware of where the line is, but that tweet about the kneeling crossed it and was begging for a cancellation. 

I've seen that tweet come up a few times now and whilst I know of Fox to be a bellend, I'm not sure what it means. 

Is he suggesting that taking a knee is in fact supporting rapists? Or that we shouldn't take the knee because some black people are bad?

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit even thinking about it this much.

I've seen that tweet come up a few times now and whilst I know of Fox to be a bellend, I'm not sure what it means. 
Is he suggesting that taking a knee is in fact supporting rapists? Or that we shouldn't take the knee because some black people are bad?
Maybe I'm giving him too much credit even thinking about it this much.

Combination of both I'd say. I read it as him effectively saying 'this is the kind of person you're taking the knee for' and by doing so he's insinuating all black people are 'bad'.

The guy is a complete c**t of a man.