40 minutes ago, throbber said:

They clearly have a north facing back garden - good on them I say.

If that photo was taken late in the afternoon then I would suggest you are wrong.

If that photo was taken early in the morning, then I would suggest you are right. 

Im sure Hedgecutter can pinpoint the hoose though. 

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Im guessing the pair of (presumably) child's legs dangling out the upper bit of the window.

Aye ok. But I'm not sure how it relates to national superiority and nativism. 

(Limmy "tonne o feathers" gif)

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If that photo was taken late in the afternoon then I would suggest you are wrong.

If that photo was taken early in the morning, then I would suggest you are right. 

Im sure Hedgecutter can pinpoint the hoose though. 

The sun would be on that houses front door all day long during the summer months. Defo south facing.

2 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye ok. But I'm not sure how it relates to national superiority and nativism. 

(Limmy "tonne o feathers" gif)

I think the original tweet was making fun of them for sitting in a paddling pool on the pavement.  It was implying that they are likely Brexit voting nationalists who view Britain as superior while living a pretty shit life, as witnessed by the paddling pool pavement scene.  The fact that they are a pair of big old fatties also plays into the stereotypes about gammons, poor people etc.

What the tweet really reveals is the prejudice of the author.  They are in a poor area during a massive heatwave, they have cracked out a pool to cool off.  Chances are that the kids pictured were playing in it and now it's later in the adults have gone in to cool down.  Essentially the tweet makes judgements on them for being fat, having a pool on the street and living in what looks like a rundown street.

If you read the replies and QTs, the street is in Sheffield and the family pictured are actually Slovakian Roma.  

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I think the original tweet was making fun of them for sitting in a paddling pool on the pavement.  It was implying that they are likely Brexit voting nationalists who view Britain as superior while living a pretty shit life, as witnessed by the paddling pool pavement scene.  The fact that they are a pair of big old fatties also plays into the stereotypes about gammons, poor people etc.

What the tweet really reveals is the prejudice of the author.  They are in a poor area during a massive heatwave, they have cracked out a pool to cool off.  Chances are that the kids pictured were playing in it and now it's later in the adults have gone in to cool down.  Essentially the tweet makes judgements on them for being fat, having a pool on the street and living in what looks like a rundown street.

If you read the replies and QTs, the street is in Sheffield and the family pictured are actually Slovakian Roma.  

Thanks. My hackles were piqued at first as it seemed class-snobbish, but I also presumed they were foreign. Thanks for the explanation.

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Behold, the blue heart FBPE snob in the wild.

Would be pretty funny if it turned out those men weren't British. 

Edit: Well well well. That'll be the Trumpton fan ostracised from the #FBPE community for racist stereotyping of Europeans. 

Edited by Michael W

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Just having a look at that accounts tweets, they have the unbelievably annoying twee swearing thing - calling Piers Morgan a "hoofclunge" and "turd thicket".

Death pelanty for that shite. Honestly.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Just having a look at that accounts tweets, they have the unbelievably annoying twee swearing thing - calling Piers Morgan a "hoofclunge" and "turd thicket".

No sense of irony. He would be extremely popular in the politics section on here. 

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

Maybe they are out the front because they don’t have a hose in back garden. 

Could be. I wouldn't advocate a paddling pool directly on concrete/blacktop though. I bit wearing on the buttocks in my experience. 

22 minutes ago, throbber said:

Maybe they are out the front because they don’t have a hose in back garden. 

Maybe they don't have a back garden. I admire their chutzpa, though being shy I think I'd just lie in a cold bath.

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe they don't have a back garden. I admire their chutzpa, though being shy I think I'd just lie in a cold bath.

The place is called grosvenor road in liverpool