9 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I recognise (most) of the words in this tweet (cis?), but have absolutely no idea what they mean strung together in this sentence.

20210331_154200.jpg.8ee579ade3965056fa09591f26c02b14.jpg

Is that the lovechild of John Lennon and Old Gregg from the Mighty Boosh?

16 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I recognise (most) of the words in this tweet (cis?), but have absolutely no idea what they mean strung together in this sentence.

20210331_154200.jpg.8ee579ade3965056fa09591f26c02b14.jpg

Cis gender is someone who identifies as the same gender they were assigned at birth.

I think the tweet is a joke and I think she is casting aspersions on their "queerness" and they may in fact be identifying as Bi for attention or some other reason.

30 minutes ago, 101 said:

Cis gender is someone who identifies as the same gender they were assigned at birth.

I think the tweet is a joke and I think she is casting aspersions on their "queerness" and they may in fact be identifying as Bi for attention or some other reason.

Much obliged, that's helpful.

Now, just to check, is "queer / queerness" another term for homosexuality, or is it something else now? I have a nagging feeling the term has evolved. Gracias in advance.

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

You see mention of FBPE Twitter on here, in case anyone didn’t know what that is, here is the human embodiment of it.

That is actually 90% of the political forum in a nutshell. 

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I remember when that video first did the rounds and one of the comments was about the size of pigeons lungs and how she's probably exploded the poor things innards. 

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

That is actually 90% of the political forum in a nutshell. 

I'm not into the red-dotting scene a la stormzy, but i see his sabbatical announced last week lasted a nano- second and he's back to being, well, stormzy.

You have a good weekend, sir, and try getting some fresh air.

Cheers 

On 01/04/2021 at 08:47, Sweet Pete said:

Now, just to check, is "queer / queerness" another term for homosexuality, or is it something else now? I have a nagging feeling the term has evolved. Gracias in advance.

Cis means that your gender aligns with your biological sex. Queer these days means that you don't entirely align with your gender. There are so many terms that overlap. Gender fluid and gender queer seem to be the same, as does non binary. Bisexuality seems to be materially the same as pansexuality. You can tell I have young studenty pals.

7 minutes ago, velo army said:

Cis means that your gender aligns with your biological sex. Queer these days means that you don't entirely align with your gender. There are so many terms that overlap. Gender fluid and gender queer seem to be the same, as does non binary. Bisexuality seems to be materially the same as pansexuality. You can tell I have young studenty pals.

I'm not fully up to speed in all the terminology but I must say I love seeing Piers Morgan getting offended at getting called "cisgender".

On 01/04/2021 at 08:47, Sweet Pete said:

Yes, they are reclaiming the word from being offensive to how the refer to themselves, much like black people using the N word.

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'm not fully up to speed in all the terminology but I must say I love seeing Piers Morgan getting offended at getting called "cisgender".

Aye I can imagine. Him having a full body aneurism when Ross Greer dared to provide a more nuanced view of Churchill was delicious telly. 

Just now, velo army said:

Aye I can imagine. Him having a full body aneurism when Ross Greer dared to provide a more nuanced view of Churchill was delicious telly. 

I realise I made that seem as if Greer was talking about Winston's gender identification. The two stories were quite unrelated.

19 minutes ago, velo army said:

Bisexuality tends to be people attracted to both men and women in the traditional sense i.e their physical looks and their personalities pansexuality are attracted the personalities of men, women and trans people, that's my understanding of the difference could be wrong.

Just now, 101 said:

Bisexuality tends to be people attracted to both men and women in the traditional sense i.e their physical looks and their personalities pansexuality are attracted the personalities of men, women and trans people, that's my understanding of the difference could be wrong.

Pansexuals are attracted to everyone regardless of gender, which really just makes the term bisexual obsolete as it can only exist in a binary paradigm and we seem to be moving away from that. I've heard it said that the difference is that bisexuals are attracted to people because of their gender, while pans are attracted to the person. This is, imo, a juvenile and simplistic notion of attraction and as such there is, materially (in that, how can you say a bisexual is attracted only to their partner's gender?) no real difference between the two.

4 minutes ago, velo army said:

Pansexuals are attracted to everyone regardless of gender, which really just makes the term bisexual obsolete as it can only exist in a binary paradigm and we seem to be moving away from that. I've heard it said that the difference is that bisexuals are attracted to people because of their gender, while pans are attracted to the person. This is, imo, a juvenile and simplistic notion of attraction and as such there is, materially (in that, how can you say a bisexual is attracted only to their partner's gender?) no real difference between the two.

Depends if a bi sexual person isn't attracted to non-binary people and only people who identify as men or women then I think the terms Pan and Bi sexual do have a place if we are going to tidy people into boxes then the label may as well be accurate.

I'm of the opinion that sexuality and attraction is a spectrum and we are all on it to some degree.