11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

All I have learned is that Kevin Thomsons use of emojis is like that of a child. Eye bleeding. Imagine going on that twitter page to check if he is someone you want teaching your kid about football emoji23.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji2957.pngemoji2958.png

I'm not entirely convinced that poor use of emojis is worse than sexually intimidating young footballers

6 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Didn't David Beckham say he got forced to cut a hole in a jazz mag and shag it in the dressing rooms at Man U?

*DavidTannerConfused.gif*

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Thomson never struck me as a particularly objectionable player.

There's a terrible culture around football, and a lot of other sports tbh, of this sort of 'banter' and pranks especially among youth teams and players.  Friends of our family had a son who was a youth player at one of the Old Firm and he found all that stuff really off putting, half the players seemed to focus more on vandalising other players things than on actually playing.  People write it off as banter and the people who don't engage in it as wet wipes but there's a really serious undertone to a lot of it.  There's been some cases of people accused of quite serious offences that are wrapped up as this - Peter Beardsley and Graham Rix are two good examples.

I know the background of Graham Rix but unaware of Peter Beardsley in this context?

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

I know the background of Graham Rix but unaware of Peter Beardsley in this context?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/22/peter-beardsley-charged-by-fa-with-using-racist-language-towards-youth-players

Alllegedly took the youth academy to a Go Ape facility and told one of the African kids ‘you should be good at this’

ETA - missed that he’d been found guilty. Apologies for Daily Arsehole link - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7483499/amp/Peter-Beardsley-bullying-not-addressed-despite-23-players-giving-evidence.html

Edited by carpetmonster

Clearly this woman hasn't thought about controling the narrative once she released the story. If she felt her family had been wronged by the police take the video the the police complaints and let them decide don't open your family up to press interest just so you're able to start a pile on of the police.

The family are very vocal on social media about being anti-vax, anti-lockdown etc It would come of no surprise whatsoever if the entire thing was staged.

As per link posted, he was fired for making racist comments, passed off as banter. Top bantz!

In addition to being convicted for having sex with an underage girl Rix was also accused of bullying and racism while ancoach at Chelsea. Details here - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/graham-rix-gwyn-williams-accused-racism-bullying-chelsea

Incidentally, his defence for having sex with a 15 year old was that he thought she was over age, despite meeting her while she was playing football in the street and her telling him what year she was born.

13 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I wasn't far off

https://www.complex.com/sports/2013/11/david-beckham-worst-hazing-experience

Beckham was forced to stand in front of his Man U teammates at the time and masturbate while looking at a photo of former Man U player Clayton Blackmore. It was humiliating, to say the least.

"It's something we all had to go through," Beckham admits in a new documentary Class of '92. "It was definitely something I wouldn't like to go through again."

I mean this is basically just a crime, right?

Who among us can honestly say they’ve never masturbated over a photograph of Clayton Blackmore?

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Who among us can honestly say they’ve never masturbated over a photograph of Clayton Blackmore?

Me....and I am quite sure there are others out there?

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

image.jpeg.882556ad4aff9ede8d06c36dc3af45a5.jpeg

image.gif.344d7b0a8a7242c264e8aedb09e39bb6.gif

image.jpeg.882556ad4aff9ede8d06c36dc3af45a5.jpeg
image.gif.344d7b0a8a7242c264e8aedb09e39bb6.gif
At least one less now

I love how Stephen A Smith has never figured out twitter and has no plans to.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

In addition to being convicted for having sex with an underage girl Rix was also accused of bullying and racism while ancoach at Incidentally, his defence for having sex with a 15 year old was that he thought she was over age, despite meeting her while she was playing football in the street and her telling him what year she was born.

St. Mirren v Arsenal programme from 1981.

20210112_134601.jpg

Anyone know why people with questionable views have a smiley face as their profile picture?

St. Mirren v Arsenal programme from 1981.

20210112_134601.thumb.jpg.5d371a341994889f5c443d028a02bf4e.jpg
Remember that game well. Will have the programme amongst the thousands of others boxed in the attic and that's even with not having bought one bar the biggest of games for about 25 years.

On 11/01/2021 at 23:11, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Always happy to help, Tunbridge.

Tanner.gif.e49762e11c70a96e8d9684234ba2ca43.gif

Can anyone suggest why I don't always get a notification when someone replies to one of my tweets?

It only seems to be when someone's disagreeing with me which has me wondering if there's some sort of workaround that people use to make it appear as if they've won the argument!