Twitter/Kiss/Ten

Who is this Poundshop Tommy Robinson getting a lot of traction on Twitterland and Pussbook? Essentially he is accusing the Romani population of Govanhill of running a pedophile ring and selling children on the street for sex. I am almost certain a few fellow right-wing racists made noise about this a couple years ago and Police found no evidence at all to back it up. Think a Weegie newspaper done a big report on it to show no evidence of these claims. Fair enough if your wanting to show how horrible closes and streets are with litter and needles if the council aren't doing their job to try and get it fixed, yeah, that's one thing. It's a whole other thing accusing a race of people of "coming to ARE country" purely to sell children on the streets with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this guy has ties to far right political groups. 

Edited by DAFC.

Who is this Poundshop Tommy Robinson getting a lot of traction on Twitterland and Pussbook? Essentially he is accusing the Romani population of Govanhill of running a pedophile ring and selling children on the street for sex. I am almost certain a few fellow right-wing racists made noise about this a couple years ago and Police found no evidence at all to back it up. Think a Weegie newspaper done a big report on it to show no evidence of these claims. Fair enough if your wanting to show how horrible closes and streets are with litter and needles if the council aren't doing their job to try and get it fixed, yeah, that's one thing. It's a whole other thing accusing a race of people of "coming to ARE country" purely to sell children on the streets with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this guy has ties to far right political groups. 

He’s not racist though cause an Iranian guy cuts his hair.

16 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The guy is called 'the Govanhill Truther' and appears to be an utter racist cretin.

Certainly appears that way. Only watched the videos Limmy was talking about on Twitter, but apparently he was videoing the Romani people there in Govanhill on the streets and other minority groups, essentially interrogating them, but when he sees groups of white people in closes he dodges and dives to get away. "I'm not a racist, but" said as well. Yep, 100% appears to be a racist cretin with an agenda. 

Thank Christ I deleted Facebook. I imagine at this moment time it's just awash with absolute morons celebrating this guy for being a "hero" for making wild accusations about a group of people and videoing himself walking about Govanhill on his own.

Edited by DAFC.

Certainly appears that way. Only watched the videos Limmy was talking about on Twitter, but apparently he was videoing the Romani people there in Govanhill on the streets and other minority groups, essentially interrogating them, but when he sees groups of white people in closes he dodges and dives to get away. "I'm not a racist, but" said as well. Yep, 100% appears to be a racist cretin with an agenda. 
Thank Christ I deleted Facebook. I imagine at this moment time it's just awash with absolute morons celebrating this guy for being a "hero" for making wild accusations about a group of people and videoing himself walking about Govanhill on his own.
In the video I watched, apart from going into a really manky close, there wasn't much to it apart from him walking about, talking about how dangerous it is, without any evidence of danger.

The way some folk are reacting on facebook/twitter, it's as if his video was a revelation. Sturgeon coming in for some criticism as well as its within her constituency.

2 minutes ago, Markka said:

In the video I watched, apart from going into a really manky close, there wasn't much to it apart from him walking about, talking about how dangerous it is, without any evidence of danger.

The way some folk are reacting on facebook/twitter, it's as if his video was a revelation. Sturgeon coming in for some criticism as well as its within her constituency.

It's well-known that Govanhill is a toilet. It's nothing new. But, if the council aren't doing their jobs by keeping the closes and streets clean, surely that's a battle you take up with them as they have a duty to ensure it is being kept clean? Instead of making videos accusing ethnic minorities of running child prostitution rings as some sort of reason to blame them for all this, without any evidence to back it up?

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

It's well-known that Govanhill is a toilet. It's nothing new. But, if the council aren't doing their jobs by keeping the closes and streets clean, surely that's a battle you take up with them as they have a duty to ensure it is being kept clean? Instead of making videos accusing ethnic minorities of running child prostitution rings as some sort of reason to blame them for all this, without any evidence to back it up?

it is not "well-known" at all. Govanhill takes in a lot of nice streets and localities, extending to Queens Park. It is Allison Street and some immediate streets around there that is the target/"concern" for the likes of that Facbook p***k. Victoria Road is lively, great to eat/drink along, and has a real eclectic mix of shops along with a fantastic new cycle lane. 

Like many similar people, the FB p***k doesn't give a feck about the welfare of children, least of all Romani children. For him and his ilk these baseless rumours are a convenient hammer to attack that group and to attack Sturgeon/SNP. by conflating EU free movement  with open policy mass immigration - both of which are of course reserved. 

In saying that, and having done some work with them, quite a few of the Roma population in the Southside really don't do themselves any favours. There are some great Roma activists amongst the community but they are up against it - and of course the problems with a few of those streets is not solely down to the behaviour of some of the Roma but also down to unscrupulous landlords. The latter is being addressed by the GCC and SG though.