Just now, throbber said:

It’s not pasted all over the media that she is mixed race though like you’re trying to have us believe. Not everyone is as race motivated as the Daily Mail.

You don't need to be "race motivated" or a royal watcher to have an awareness of that. Twitter, the subject of this thread was full of Prince Philip Jones about her face and wedding guests.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You don't need to be "race motivated" or a royal watcher to have an awareness of that. Twitter, the subject of this thread was full of Prince Philip Jones about her face and wedding guests.

The people you follow on Twitter. 

You have a choice of who you follow on Twitter and other social media outlets, if the Royals interest you then that’s fair enough but they don’t interest me or a good chunk of the global population. I was aware she had been married before and that her dad couldn’t attend her wedding but I never heard her ethnicity being discussed as openly as you claim it was. I never even knew she was up the duff until a few days ago.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I follow Scotrail and the junior football reporter. The jokes were repeated on here.

This is a general knowledge issue, not a morality debate.

I've seen your photos of the new Scotrail train.  You got four retweets and a like.  Good work.

I've never been aware that the lassie was mixed-race either, I thought she had a belter of a tan...I couldn't give a shite what the Royal Family get up to though, I generally switch the news off, when a story about them comes on, and certainly wouldn't read a newspaper or internet report about them.

I do care, that they are parasites and that we are paying for the c***s though

Danny Baker has always been a loud mouth, but I don’t think he’s a racist. He was trying to be clever and chose an easy target with a Royal piss take. It backfired spectacularly. He’s a smart guy, to claim ignorance over something splashed all over the MSM he actually works within is laughable.

I'm a bit sceptical of the "not interested in the royal family or aware of the colour issue" claims of posters jumping into defend Baker on the issue. 

He released the tweet after the official photo was released so his version of events seems unconvincing to me. It's not the first time Baker's been fired by the Beeb, it's not even a hard news issue it's a "light entertainer" misjudging the public mood. Probably forgot Loaded's heyday was 20 years ago it's a career risk and he'll no doubt resurrect it elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Danny Baker has always been a loud mouth, but I don’t think he’s a racist. He was trying to be clever and chose an easy target with a Royal piss take. It backfired spectacularly. He’s a smart guy, to claim ignorance over something splashed all over the MSM he actually works within is laughable.

MSM ? Mainstream Media, 2 words not three. Thanks 

4 hours ago, throbber said:

You have a choice of who you follow on Twitter and other social media outlets, if the Royals interest you then that’s fair enough but they don’t interest me or a good chunk of the global population. I was aware she had been married before and that her dad couldn’t attend her wedding but I never heard her ethnicity being discussed as openly as you claim it was. I never even knew she was up the duff until a few days ago.

Yup, likewise. Even when I heard that there was a new royal baby I couldn't have immediately told you who the parents were. 

1 hour ago, btb said:

I'm a bit sceptical of the "not interested in the royal family or aware of the colour issue" claims of posters jumping into defend Baker on the issue. 

That's nice. I still haven't seen a picture of the actual baby. 

21 hours ago, pandarilla said:

If he had something in his past that clearly suggested racist intent, or if he refused to take it down because racism wasn't his intent, then sack him. Neither of those two things apply.

19 hours ago, pandarilla said:

You don't think this was a joke about the circus surrounding the unveiling of a royal baby?

You think he's trying to make a monkey-related joke about a mixed heritage baby? A monkey joke. Possibly being edgy?

Did he post the same photo on any of the three occasions that Prince William's white wife gave birth to children and were met with the same circus (if not more seeing as he's heir to the throne) surrounding the unveiling of a royal baby?