• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

I got into it about 18 months ago and used it a lot, they used to read out a lot of my tweets about Jim Spence and his hapless acts/commentating on BBC Sportsound. I actually thought about doing a spoof Jim Spence one for a while but dropped the idea.

Barely use it now, still good for keeping up with friends that don't live nearby though and keeping up with my other hobbies and interests. Could recommend some very good people to follow, for starters -

@shitmydadsays Guy tweets about his Dad's outlook on life, I think this is the work of a comedian, really funny stuff.

@shitmydadsays Guy tweets about his Dad's outlook on life, I think this is the work of a comedian, really funny stuff.

:lol:

I don't really use it, and don't have much intention to do so, but I have noticed a few folk saying that subject X is trending on twitter. I know the trends are dictated by a hashtag, but I was wondering how you find out what topics are trending?

I don't really use it, and don't have much intention to do so, but I have noticed a few folk saying that subject X is trending on twitter. I know the trends are dictated by a hashtag, but I was wondering how you find out what topics are trending?

It tells you on your home page.

It says the current trending topics a little down the left of your home page. Under "Trends".

I'm slowly getting into it since I got my new phone at Christmas. It's mostly t-shirt related stuff I use it for though.

30 odd followers, probably waiting for FFC related t-shirts.

I'm slowly getting into it since I got my new phone at Christmas. It's mostly t-shirt related stuff I use it for though.

30 odd followers, probably waiting for FFC related t-shirts.

Twitter name? There's a few 'thundermonkeys', I'd like to follow the right one!

Twitter name? There's a few 'thundermonkeys', I'd like to follow the right one!

tmonkeytshirts

It's fairly uninspiring stuff though

"X is trending right now" must be the wankiest phrase in recent years.

"Trending"?

f**k off.

I have two twitter accounts. One which hasn't been updated in ages which was connected to my blog and another for run of the mill stuff. Mostly use it to get wind of political stories.

Has anyone else been following this argument between Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan? It's amusing in a "I'm desperate for column inches" kind of way.

Has anyone else been following this argument between Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan? It's amusing in a "I'm desperate for column inches" kind of way.

its amusing in that Piers is not bothering with him

its not as funny as Piers argument with Lord Sugar...

I use it to network with other teachers - I'm sure there are other ways of doing it, but I've been able to source some really good resources and share it instantly with over 100 other teachers using it. Works for me.

#ukedchat

if you create search for that, its quite interesting stuff.

edit: there's also obviously a load of shite. you just have to be critical in how you assess what you're reading as with everything.

Edited by theentomologist

I've got an account but can't remember the last time I logged in.