Apparently there's a good chance that Twitter bosses will have to answer to the Commons Committee: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/twitter-troll-row-mps-to-question-social-media-giant-8738379.html

Should Twitter be doing more or is the Government passing the buck here?

passing the buck, if people get so offended by things said to them on the internet they should be forced to log off

Making threats of rape is already a crime, so it sparks of little other than the government poking its nose upon a convenient scapegoat.

The people who make these threats should be prosecuted using existing law. It's not Twitter's responsibility to police everything written on the site, and they will take down certain accounts anyway if they're reported for certain behaviour. This has been conveniently ignored, probably because It's inconvenient.

The past few weeks have shown that there is a serious risk of freedom of speech being damaged because of a minority of morons/criminals. This can't be allowed to happen.

I think it was Helen Lewis who RT'd someone that was discussing whether Twitter should start charging new users a registration fee. Awful suggestion.

Caitlin Moran also floated this suggestion, £30 a year she said. To be honest, it's absolutely disgraceful, a shower of London journalist types pontificating about charging people for what is a free, censorship-light medium. Presumably in future Twitter will consist of people saying how much they love the other users latest columns with Grace Dent occasionally getting people who say she isn't funny fired.

The best thing about thisis that I have just been tweeted by Eric Joyce MP.

1. Twitter needs to employ some professional PR folk. This 'Head of Trust' is Specimen A. Corporate disaster. #trolls #C4News

2. @ericjoyce maybe they could ask you for advice on how to secure good headlines?

3. @ChrisLindsay33 Yeah, I see your problem looking for good headlines. As ur a Caley fan, and everything.

To celebrate I am going out to headbutt some Tory MPs.

I'm going to leave it at that. Before you know it it will escalate and I'll either be in prison or Eric Joyce will appear at my door headbutting me.

f**k it. I once tweeted him to ask if he fancied a swally with me and my mates at Edinburgh's Silk nightclub one Thursday and he didn't get back to me, so he deserves some abuse IMO.