Twitter/Kiss/Ten

It's handy for breaking news, and media stories etc. Sky News and Media Guardian being the best for both of those.

I also follow most of the bbc sportsound team, and some comedians etc. Deleted Alan Sugar and Piers Morgan because the former tweeted so often it was a ballache to get through and the latter just kept retweeting people correcting their grammar.

I had a 3-way (ooer) conversation on it with John McKay from STV and George Galloway once. :D

I started using Twitter a few weeks back after years of cynicism, assuming it was just an outlet for pompous wankers like Piers Morgan and Stephen Fry to massage their egos.

I joined because a lot of people were saying it was a good way to get news about County, especially since our official website isn't exactly the best for up to date news! I have been pleasantly surprised by how useful it is as a news feed, especially when the phone hacking scandal was in full swing.

My only issue is that I find hard to keep up with the timeline as I now follow about 80 pages and it is nearly impossible to keep track of what everyone is saying, especially prolific tweeters such as Laura Kuennsberg who seemed to be firing off about 10 tweets a minute for the past few weeks! She has left the BBC now, so my feed is a bit quieter today.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

i think its handy for the banter.

johnny hayes dropped the biggest hint about us resigning aaron doran on it about 2 days before it was announced.

wonder if a kindly mod could create a sticky page at start of the thread with peoples twitter addys on it. ?

i've seen things like that done in other forums and it helps when looking for stuff,

eta : @weird_cal if you want someone spouting inane pish about nothing in particular!

Edited by weirdcal

My only issue is that I find hard to keep up with the timeline as I now follow about 80 .

Dividing who you're following in to 'lists' would be the best way around that. You'd still have the main timeline for everyone you're following, but seperate timelines just for whoever who have in each list. Quite handy when you have a few that you're following who tweet regularly and clog up your timeline.

Dividing who you're following in to 'lists' would be the best way around that. You'd still have the main timeline for everyone you're following, but seperate timelines just for whoever who have in each list. Quite handy when you have a few that you're following who tweet regularly and clog up your timeline.

Superb, cheers for that. I had seen the lists tab, but hadn't clocked on what it was for!

I've still got a lot to learn about twitter as I've only just figured out what the '#' and 'RT' in tweets mean.

It's handy for breaking news, and media stories etc. Sky News and Media Guardian being the best for both of those.

I also follow most of the bbc sportsound team, and some comedians etc. Deleted Alan Sugar and Piers Morgan because the former tweeted so often it was a ballache to get through and the latter just kept retweeting people correcting their grammar.

I had a 3-way (ooer) conversation on it with John McKay from STV and George Galloway once. :D

Piers Morgan is quite clearly an utter c**t of a human being*. His "banter" amounts to, as you say, correcting people's grammar and making height jokes at Michael Owen.

*As is Alistair Campbell.

Edited by Savage Henry

Despite insisting Twitter was shite and that I would never use it, I ended up getting myself an account a couple of weeks ago.

The sole purpose was that many news stories appeared on Twitter first, so I thought I may as well. I had to unfollow BBCNews after about 2 days though, as I quickly got sick of them jamming my newsfeed.

I rarely 'tweet', instead preferring to use it for news purposes.

Someone I know got a tweet from Hulk Hogan, though it was in response to him calling Hogan a w****r.

The best football related twitter account that I've seen is "Not the Big Sam" who is @TheBig_Sam .

Had a meeting with Maicon this week. Trying to get him to West Ham. Don't think we will but he's a cracking fella. Big 'Golden Girls' fan.

I said to him "Is 'Maicon' really your first name, lad? What's your surname - 'The Mechanics'? He was in absolute stitches.

@Gall1985 for anyone interested.

I tend to use it to follow F1 people as there seems to be a huge F1 community on Twitter, which is good for chatting to fellow F1 fans. A lot of the drivers use it (although some have said to never read tweets people send them or reply to them. Mr Hamilton, I'm looking at you...) as do ex drivers (I follow Montoya, Wurz etc) and most of the BBC F1 team. Also follow a few comedians and footballers. Charlie Adam's twitter page is quite decent and sometimes he gives away signed shirts etc through his page which is good.

Tend to use Twitter more than Facebook these days and it can be good for talking random crap about what you are having for dinner tonight, and what you are watching on TV!

@FraseyDee

already got one or two folk from on here, i rarely tweet and when i do its usually pretty shit

You got that right. Doughrings aren't called as such in the slightest "because it's Fife" ya dobber.

I joined ages ago but rarely tweeted. It's good for killing time.

I pulled up a twat who was wanting to see Rangers kick Saints' arse at the weekend. He had gone to the trouble of typing out the 'Build my gallows...' song, in block capitals, as a tweet but said Counting Down rather than County Down.

I advised him he was an illiterate bigot, only to get the reply 'Keep aff ma page ya fukin fagot'.

Charming.

You may have it there. People from fife clearly found doughnut too hard to comprehend and went for something more literal. I bet they really struggle with beef olives and artichoke hearts.

Exquisite as beef olives are, they should be called beef rollers or beef wrappers.

Artichoke hearts have some rational basis as they are extracted from the root which vaguely resembles a heart.

Doughnuts have absolutely nothing to do with nuts. Things don't have to be literal to make sense, but something that actually describes what something is is infinitely more logical.

Piers Morgan is quite clearly an utter c**t of a human being*. His "banter" amounts to, as you say, correcting people's grammar and making height jokes at Michael Owen.

*As is Alistair Campbell.

I refuse to follow either. Absolute arseholes the pair of them.

I joined ages ago but rarely tweeted. It's good for killing time.

I pulled up a twat who was wanting to see Rangers kick Saints' arse at the weekend. He had gone to the trouble of typing out the 'Build my gallows...' song, in block capitals, as a tweet but said Counting Down rather than County Down.

I advised him he was an illiterate bigot, only to get the reply 'Keep aff ma page ya fukin fagot'.

Charming.

:lol:

@chrislindsay33 if anyone wants to read a tweet every two weeks. I follow mainly news people, football stuff and MMA. Who is the most prolific tweeter that anyone fvollows, Caitlan Moran from The Times (and other fine periodicals) is on it constantly, I don't know how she finds time to write columns and books. She is pretty funny though.