Morgan's argument with Sugar is hilarious. Haven't seen the argument with Ferdinand though.

Ferdinand's sole argument is that Piers is fat and has moobs, that's about it. Morgan corrects Rio's spelling, says "at least I work on a Saturday" and calls him a "one trick donkey". I think they're both p***ks, personally. I'm not even sure why I'm following them.

What is the # thing all about? Why do people put random words after a #?

The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet. It was created organically by Twitter users as a way to categorize messages

• People use the hashtag symbol # before relevant keywords in their Tweet to categorize those Tweets to show more easily in Twitter Search.
  • Clicking on a hashtagged word in any message shows you all other Tweets in that category.
  • Hashtags can occur anywhere in the Tweet.
  • Hashtagged words that become very popular are often Trending Topics.

What is the # thing all about? Why do people put random words after a #?

if you add # and then whatever you want to # then you can search for your # and if others use the same # then you can effectively create a themed chatroom,

e.g. if I search for #ukedchat then tweetdeck displays all the tweets with the hash tag #ukedchat.

its actually brilliant.

Twitter's good for Junior football scores, many teams use it and it's undated quicker than the official sites - I run the Largs Thistle Twitter but can't update live as I live in Aberdeen, instead I update it from texts I get - my dad can't update it on his work phone and I've offered it to him.

There's some users who only update with boring peffle like "I'm eating toast" but social networking is like that, if you have the accounts of things you are right into it can be really useful - having loads of journalism twitters has helped me on my uni course.

Ferdinand's sole argument is that Piers is fat and has moobs, that's about it. Morgan corrects Rio's spelling, says "at least I work on a Saturday" and calls him a "one trick donkey". I think they're both p***ks, personally. I'm not even sure why I'm following them.

Yeah I'm the same. I guess it for me is mainly because I'm game for watching anyone have an argument on Twitter. I'm just hoping for someone else to intervene and put them both in their place.

Yeah I'm the same. I guess it for me is mainly because I'm game for watching anyone have an argument on Twitter. I'm just hoping for someone else to intervene and put them both in their place.

I got bored of it and I've given up following them now. And reported them for spam. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I have just signed up in order to follow the Opta stats folk. Are there any football personalities worth following? I don't want to read about what they had for breakfast each morning, but I would be quite keen to follow ones that post about football.

I have just signed up in order to follow the Opta stats folk. Are there any football personalities worth following? I don't want to read about what they had for breakfast each morning, but I would be quite keen to follow ones that post about football.

I was following Lucas Leiva but he tweets "good morning everyone" and "good night everyone" in English and Portuguese on a daily basis. He's getting binned.

There's opta guys for german.Spanish, Italian football and also optajack for MLS

I follow the BBC sportsound and openallmics feeds, guardian sport is good too and some of the Scottish sports hacks.

Jack Wiltshire of arsenal tweets quite a lot as does rio fedinand but can't admit that I've found either that interesting

At the moment I have 5 opta ones (UK, France, Portugal, Spain and German - no Italian?) plus retro_mbm which has a load of old football videos. I've just followed Graham Speirs too. I'll probably look up the BBC ones later then.

I noticed Wilshere's and quite a few other Arsenal players were on his page too, but none of them looked very interesting so I just avoided them.

sidlowe is quite good to follow,though he does tweet in Spanish sometimes. Also FIFAcom should you want to follow them.

At the moment I have 5 opta ones (UK, France, Portugal, Spain and German - no Italian?) plus retro_mbm which has a load of old football videos. I've just followed Graham Speirs too. I'll probably look up the BBC ones later then.

I noticed Wilshere's and quite a few other Arsenal players were on his page too, but none of them looked very interesting so I just avoided them.

This guy posts a lot about on-goings in Italy, and here is the Italian Opta.